New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good day

Mga Sir,

Medyo wala pa ko kaalaman sa pagkokotse, I just got my 1st one last year. 98 model-AUTOMATIC na Suzuki Esteem. Now, I'm confused with the performance of the car, pagnagmiminor po e bigla-bigla bumababa ung RPM kaya tend na mamatay ung makina. Pinapalitan ko na ng AUTO-idle... saka fuel injection. Pero parang walang improvement, ganun parin. Baka may iba sa inyo with same experience. E hindi din makita nung mechanic na tumingin. kaya ung fuel injection and pinalitan pero ganun parin.NEED SOME HELP.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninotatz View Post
    Good day

Mga Sir,

Medyo wala pa ko kaalaman sa pagkokotse, I just got my 1st one last year. 98 model-AUTOMATIC na Suzuki Esteem. Now, I'm confused with the performance of the car, pagnagmiminor po e bigla-bigla bumababa ung RPM kaya tend na mamatay ung makina. Pinapalitan ko na ng AUTO-idle... saka fuel injection. Pero parang walang improvement, ganun parin. Baka may iba sa inyo with same experience. E hindi din makita nung mechanic na tumingin. kaya ung fuel injection and pinalitan pero ganun parin.NEED SOME HELP.

Thanks

nitotatz,
    please be specific of the car's stats as in previous posts as how to identify your chariot, your chariot's symptoms, your chairot's last vistis to the shop and what has been done or damaged or put our of order. your car does not need a mechanic, it needs more: a trained and experienced technician with the right equipment. gorio does not understand what is going on with your car and so do you. please, again be specific
    jick

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Check vaccuum hoses around inlet body (also called throttle body) for vaccuum leaks, - also ones coming to and from around the brake booster. I think there are some on a vaccum cannister on the pass fender just ahead of the firewall (lines go to heater/ac system)!** Check where throttle rocker hooks to accelerator cable and make sure that the idle-stop screw hasn't fallen out, and letting the throttle plate close completely off! Somebody might have left the lock nut loose and vibration screwed the adjuster out and it fell on the gound, -- or maybe just "backed down" enough to not hold idle speed!

If you have a broken or leaky hose it may leak enough air into induction system to 'thin out" the fuel mixture so thin the engine won't run. It is also possible (but noty likely), - that the PCV valve can be stuck open, which sometimes puts too much air in on some model cars!

If engine runs quiet enough, you may be able to hear the sucking sound if the leak is "big".... Also don't go by appearance only (parang okey pa), - try wiggling attachment ends a little and see if they are tight,(you know yong masikip at hindi na laspag) -- sometimes hoses expand,- or split where you can't see them well, and the are not tight enough to hold total vaccuum

Another clue:

Distributor. Not sparking properly
    Fuel pump. Blocked or leaking.
    Fuel lines. Blocked or leaking
    Piston rings Worn.
    Timing belt. Needs adjusting.
    Some of these things should have been checked during a tune-up, but they don't always check everything.
    You would really need to get a Technician to look at it to isolate the problem one step at a time.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    nitotatz,
    please be specific of the car's stats as in previous posts as how to identify your chariot, your chariot's symptoms, your chairot's last vistis to the shop and what has been done or damaged or put our of order. your car does not need a mechanic, it needs more: a trained and experienced technician with the right equipment. gorio does not understand what is going on with your car and so do you. please, again be specific
    jick
    Sir Jick,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Im not sure how to be more specific, as I posted, It's a 98model SUZUKI Esteem wagon, automatic trans, 1.6valve gasoline.
    The mekaniko changed the fuel injection and Auto idle parts couple of days ago, thought thats where the problem coming from. So I get it from the "talyer" yesterday, now as I drove to work, still I experiencing the same, the engine shuts down when the RPM looses. Namamatay ung makina pag bumaba ung RPM pag hindi inaapakan ung gas. It happens once in a while.
    Pasencya na po.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kailangan mo ng shop na specializes sa EFI DIAGNOSTICS hindi mechanic na marunong lang magpalit ng parts

tools and equipment needed to diagnose that prolem are scanner , smoke tester , timing light ,compression tester and more

possible causes are intake vacuum leaks - can be verified with smoke tester

electronic malfunction - use scanner to read for codes

mechanical malfunction - use timing light and compression tester

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninotatz View Post
    Sir Jick,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Im not sure how to be more specific, as I posted, It's a 98model SUZUKI Esteem wagon, automatic trans, 1.6valve gasoline.
    The mekaniko changed the fuel injection and Auto idle parts couple of days ago, thought thats where the problem coming from. So I get it from the "talyer" yesterday, now as I drove to work, still I experiencing the same, the engine shuts down when the RPM looses. Namamatay ung makina pag bumaba ung RPM pag hindi inaapakan ung gas. It happens once in a while.
    Pasencya na po.

ninotatz,
    your cars stalling might be caused by a couple of things; 1. false air that might have entered the air induction system without being measured(L type air indduction where it uses the air flow, or D type- using a manifoold absolute pressure sensor(MAP) to measure engine vacuum. of the two this will be caused by a crack on the air intake hose past the mass airflow sensor or airflow meter. knowing alittle bit of suzuki, they use nippon denso components just like other nagoya manufactured cars. this might be using the newer map sensor. check for sensor hose cracks or leaks or plugged vacuum hose.
    the other possibility is the idle air control or idle speed control. these usually get sticky when you use the wrong engine oil or don't change your oil religiously or that the engine has been running too cold. in this case, it takes carburetor cleaner to remove the gum. if mr goodwrench- registered trademark by general morotrs_ is avalilable, soak the components until the gum dissolves and rinse with the same mr goodwrench engine top cleaner.
    jick

RPM problem