New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rpm

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Sir, what is the ideal rpm level w/o aircon? Is below 500 fine, or it should be between 500 to 700? TY

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CarPainter View Post
    Sir, what is the ideal rpm level w/o aircon? Is below 500 fine, or it should be between 500 to 700? TY
    sir, what is your car? sa montero diesel engine manual, it is 650 ±50, or 600 - 700 rpm, aircon is switched OFF....hth...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    sir, what is your car? sa montero diesel engine manual, it is 650 ±50, or 600 - 700 rpm, aircon is switched OFF....hth...
    92 honda hatchback sir. TY

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    600 to 700 rpm should be fine. Do not go below 500, your alternator may not have enough rpm's to charge properly, and your water pump may not rotate fast enough to ensure adequate coolant circulation.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    600 to 700 rpm should be fine. Do not go below 500, your alternator may not have enough rpm's to charge properly, and your water pump may not rotate fast enough to ensure adequate coolant circulation.
    lubricating oil pressure ay apektado rin. plus you are lugging the engine too even at that low idle speed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sir, normal lng ba kung ung rpm ay bumababa pag naka AC? from 1000 rpm to 600 rpm, corolla 95 MT, 12 valve, carb.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    sir, normal lng ba kung ung rpm ay bumababa pag naka AC? from 1000 rpm to 600 rpm, corolla 95 MT, 12 valve, carb.
    hindi sya normal, should be the opposite dapat tataas sya to compensate sa load ng aircon. first of all masyado mataas ung idle mo without aircon. it should be below 1000.With aircon, it should be around 800 to 1000, without aircon it should be around 7 or 8 or anywhere above 500 and below 1000. Basta and concept is pag nag aircon ka dapat tataas sya and hindi sya dapat bumaba.

its either you would need to adjust aircon idle screw mo (or whatever it is called) or hindi na gumagana ung idle up mo. pero if i where you i would play around with the ilde screw first. un ung screw na may spring usually found on the right side of the carb {pag nasa harap ka ng kotse}. Ung nasa left na screw na may spring choke un.

aircon idle screw (or whatever it is called) - clockwise para tumaas ung idle. counter clockwise will do the opposite.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    pardon to the TS, pero magtatanong na din ako sa mga experts, my honda accord '00 is experiencing "wild RPM" meaning: sometimes the rpm would fall to as low as 100-150 to the point na mamamatay na engine tapos minsan naman stable sya sa 700-800. that is with or without the aircon. does this mean pumapalya na yung idle up for the aircon? i already adjusted the gas cable to increase the idle pero ganun pa din when it falls way below the normal, halos mamatay na makina. pero when you slightly step on the gas, babalik sa normal. pag takbo mo at mag minor ka ulit, ayun bagsak na naman rpm. you have to step on the gas everytime you stop para umangat sa normal.

idle up ba and problema? pero bakit pag tinapakan ng konti ang gas, aakyat sya sa normal. kelangan ba sa casa dalhin para maayos ang idling or pwede sa suki nating talyer? di ba kelangan ikabit sa computer para ma adjust ng tama?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the standard RPM if aircon is off is 900 rpms.
    Pag bukas, mga 800.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i think the standard RPM if aircon is off is 900 rpms.
    Pag bukas, mga 800.
    its the other way around sir,
    mas mataas dapat ang rpm pag nakabukas ang aircon.
    hahabulin mo kasi yung load na binibigay ng a/c compressor kaya dapat mas mataas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast