New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ride: lynx/2001/at

hello po mga gurus,

i'm not sure po if this is the right thread (engines-idling) because i'm also looking into (aircon)...

anyway, what happened was... during rainy season... i encountered flood... to be able to pass turned off ignition and nagpatulak, (napasukan din interior around 1 in water inside) after which I started and engine was badly/rough/erratic-(up and down) idling (should'ved waited flood to subside), anyway, i was able to get home and serviced the car the next day at a nearby goodyear serviteck. they replaced sparkplugs, changed oil-filter, air filter. hard/erratic idling was due to busted sparkplug (the feeling of 3 out of 4 sparkplugs working?). It was remedied somehow, but idling was still kind of rough.

Its been 2 months past (i think) and this is what i've noticed. in normal temp of engine idling is at 800rpm , when i turn the aircon on, rpm is around that area (750-800rpm), this tells me that actuator works (tama po ba?) however although almost same rpm pa din, mas rough idling po sya. [SIZE=1](replaced engine supports -due na din, 1 more pending as it requires more hours to replace, no time pa)[/SIZE]

so major symptom ko po is nginig manibela and dashboard (rough idling) 'especially' during aircon turned on (or when compressor activates). :nerves:
    so normal idling was not yet achieved (semi-rough idling without a/c, rougher with a/c).

Question is what could be the problem? for rough idling, I have read about cleaning throttle body? MAF (mass air flow) sensor?

could it be auxillary fan? aircon cleaning?

Maybe its not an idling problem, maybe a mechanical part that makes idling rough :crazy:. help na lang po.

any advice din of recommended (and affordable) repair shops/diagnostic shops. (i had a bad experience with my casa, and malamang mahal kung may parts din na i-replace)

thanks po, any input would be of help.

JP

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Walang CEL?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Walang CEL?
    sensya po, ano po CEL?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jppt20 View Post
    sensya po, ano po CEL?
    check engine light koya,sa dashboard mo makikita kung nakailaw siya,diagnose mo kung may error codes,nangyari din dati sa 4age ko yan nung nilusong sa baha nabasa ung ecu,rough idling,palit capacitors ng ecu ang solusyon,that was last year pa,so far so good,baka nabasa din ecu mo,pero not sure kung san located ecu ng ford lynx

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jppt20 View Post
    ride: lynx/2001/at

hello po mga gurus,

i'm not sure po if this is the right thread (engines-idling) because i'm also looking into (aircon)...

anyway, what happened was... during rainy season... i encountered flood... to be able to pass turned off ignition and nagpatulak, (napasukan din interior around 1 in water inside) after which I started and engine was badly/rough/erratic-(up and down) idling (should'ved waited flood to subside), anyway, i was able to get home and serviced the car the next day at a nearby goodyear serviteck. they replaced sparkplugs, changed oil-filter, air filter. hard/erratic idling was due to busted sparkplug (the feeling of 3 out of 4 sparkplugs working?). It was remedied somehow, but idling was still kind of rough.

Its been 2 months past (i think) and this is what i've noticed. in normal temp of engine idling is at 800rpm , when i turn the aircon on, rpm is around that area (750-800rpm), this tells me that actuator works (tama po ba?) however although almost same rpm pa din, mas rough idling po sya. [SIZE=1](replaced engine supports -due na din, 1 more pending as it requires more hours to replace, no time pa)[/SIZE]

so major symptom ko po is nginig manibela and dashboard (rough idling) 'especially' during aircon turned on (or when compressor activates). :nerves:
    so normal idling was not yet achieved (semi-rough idling without a/c, rougher with a/c).

Question is what could be the problem? for rough idling, I have read about cleaning throttle body? MAF (mass air flow) sensor?

could it be auxillary fan? aircon cleaning?

Maybe its not an idling problem, maybe a mechanical part that makes idling rough :crazy:. help na lang po.

any advice din of recommended (and affordable) repair shops/diagnostic shops. (i had a bad experience with my casa, and malamang mahal kung may parts din na i-replace)

thanks po, any input would be of help.

JP
    jppt,
    if your ignition system is distributor type, start drying from inside the distributor cap, rotor, ignition wire terminals and the spark plug end of the distrubutor preferrably with ignition drying spray, or substitute with wd40(r) and dry with a paper towel or suitable dry fabric. chances are the secondary side of the ignition incurred humidity and causing the high voltage to discharge where there is moisture instead of the spark plugs. try to check the fuel filter too for traces of water. it is recommended for cars five years or older to add fuel tank additive or denatured alcohol to disperse the water in the tank to mix with the alcohol and gasoline then the water becomses combustible with the gasoline and the alcohol. either of the two will cause engine misfires.
    jick

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007

check engine light koya,sa dashboard mo makikita kung nakailaw siya,diagnose mo kung may error codes,nangyari din dati sa 4age ko yan nung nilusong sa baha nabasa ung ecu,rough idling,palit capacitors ng ecu ang solusyon,that was last year pa,so far so good,baka nabasa din ecu mo,pero not sure kung san located ecu ng ford lynx

*oj88,kratos: thanks po. sensya po ngayon lang uli naka-access internet... fortunately di po nadamay yung lynx ngayong bagyo. sir, di naman po naabutan ecu ng lynx. its located near wiper motor at left side of the car. wala naman po kakaiba (cel) re dashboard lights. pero i will try to go for a check up and ask to check the ecu. thanks. would you recommend any service center, thanks uli.

[SIZE=1]jppt,
    if your ignition system is distributor type, start drying from inside the distributor cap, rotor, ignition wire terminals and the spark plug end of the distrubutor preferrably with ignition drying spray, or substitute with wd40(r) and dry with a paper towel or suitable dry fabric. chances are the secondary side of the ignition incurred humidity and causing the high voltage to discharge where there is moisture instead of the spark plugs. try to check the fuel filter too for traces of water. it is recommended for cars five years or older to add fuel tank additive or denatured alcohol to disperse the water in the tank to mix with the alcohol and gasoline then the water becomses combustible with the gasoline and the alcohol. either of the two will cause engine m
    [/SIZE]isfires.
    jick

*jick: thanks, i am not that sure pero distributorless na ata yung lynx. i will do check/ replace the fuel filter pag nakapag check up na po. will also look into the fuel additive. thanks.

i'm also wondering kse during engaging of compressor (aircon) mas malakas nginig... anyway, will check for the auxillary fan baka may tama na din. rpm is at 800. also current spark plug ko is bosch platinum, and i've read a thread na baka okay pa din daw yung ngk na usual ng ford. will include it sa check list. thanks

rough idling after flood