New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Guys,

I am about to bring in my 4X2 Ford Ranger Trekker back to the dealer for its first 800 km inspection. They tell me that no oil change will be performed on my vehicle after its supposed break-in period. The oil and filter change will only be done after the 5k km mark has been reached.

I am a little uncomfortable with this. Every other vehicle I know has its oil and filter changed after the break-in period. To the other Ford owners on this forum, is this really true?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, 1,000 kms.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yap.. 1000km din ang alam ko dpat mag change oil and filter

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The Ford EDSA dealership says that the oil change is unecessary until the 5,000 km mark. And this is what they have been doing for all Ford EDSA customers. This is why I wanted to ask if it was standard practice among all other Ford dealers.

Can I just order them to change the oil and filter even if I have to pay for it myself?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    insist for an oil change! fight for your consumer's rights.
    ask directly to the VP or president,

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check your owners manual for references (in the maintainance section)... try inquiring with Ford via email and with other dealers as well.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    insist on the oil change! They're just trying to put one over you. You're the customer. Don't even hint that you will put up with their BS.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check your manual for the maintenance schedule. Not all vehicles have the same schedules.

Yung sa Besta ko dati, grabe ang haba ng listahan, madugo. Itong sa Pajero ok lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    smeagol..nakapagtanong ka na rin pala dito.

kung gusto mo talaga pwede naman. kulitin mo na lang ung Service Advisor mo sa FORD Casa. wala namang problema dun..hindi lang talaga nila recommended yung early change oil. magready ka na ng P3,000..hehe..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    honda rin walang change oil sa 1st 1000Kms. Check-up only and some adjustments. sa 5000kms na ang 1st oil change.
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is  this right? No oil change after first 800 kms.?