New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Please pardon my stupidity. I hope somebody can help me. I'm a weekend do-it-yourselfer. I offered to clean the engine of my mother-in-law's 2002 Revo 1.8 L GLX Manual Transmission. In the process, I would like to replace the air filter element and the spark plugs. However, I now realize that I am not familiar with Toyota engines. Thus, I am at a loss as to what particular specifications to follow.

Is this engine a 7K-E engine or a 1RZ-E engine? Or is it some other engine? What is the difference between the two engines I mentioned above?

I do hope that somebody far more knowledgeable than me can help. My mother-in-law's been waiting for me to start on the work.

Thanks.:confused:
    Last edited by groucho; December 19th, 2003 at 07:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the GLX engine is 7K-E which is a 1.8liter
    1RZ-E is a 2.0liter engine for GSX, VX200 and some 2002 SR

better check the car manual to see the engine specs ..
    for the spark plugs.. NGK, Denso or Bosch will do fine..

as far as I can remember when I read the car manual, the spark plugs gap distance is different between the 7K-E and 1RZ-E .. i must admit that I'm not yet familiar with spark plugs because the odometer reading our car is around 4K km and not yet changed..
    not sure if casa will replace it at 5K or 10K pms..

since revo is very common.. your suking talyer might be able to answer some of your questions...
    or wait till other tsikot members read your thread...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanks, revoGSX, your answers are quite sufficient.

Revo GLX Engine