New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005

"Nippon Micro Filter". I bought it this morning at a local shop. It's a taller than OEM. Is it any good?
    Last edited by Psylocke; April 30th, 2005 at 03:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i think we had that on our petron station b4, selling side by side with VIC, GINZA etc ok naman

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Good to hear that. It's taller than OEM or VIC so I figured that company probably didn't skimp on the quality or materials...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pag mas mataas nag oil filter di ba apektado ang Pumping ng oil? di ba yung pump is based upon air vacuum? pag masmalaki ang vacuum mas mahina ang pumping?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ok naman yan.. it does the job... problem is, its softer than VIC, kaya pag papalitan mo na, usually nagcrumple... kaya medyo hirap minsan tangalin...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post

"Nippon Micro Filter". I bought it this morning at a local shop. It's a taller than OEM. Is it any good?
    Actually this brand is far better than VIC, as VIC has inferior filtration capabilities, you can search in google about VIC filter reviews and you will see a lot of tests about its filtration compared to the other brands, also Nippon Micro is widely use in SG, USA, Australia and etc...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I used that before so far okay naman pero mas better pa rin sakin ang baldwin. much cheaper pa. try it in your next change oil. ;)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    pag mas mataas nag oil filter di ba apektado ang Pumping ng oil? di ba yung pump is based upon air vacuum? pag masmalaki ang vacuum mas mahina ang pumping?

the oil flow starts with the oil strainer in the oil pan, next to the positive displacement pump to the oil filter, to the main oil galleries and finally to the sliding surfaces. therefore, the oil filter does not and will not have vacuum.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    I used that before so far okay naman pero mas better pa rin sakin ang baldwin. much cheaper pa. try it in your next change oil. ;)
    Actually Nippon Micro is also O.E. filter Supplier to Toyota & Fuso in Japan domestic market, so they do not skimp on materials or quality.. The reason why Micro is more expensive than Baldwin is that they manufacture their filters in Japan while Baldwin for third world countries like Malaysia or Philippines comes from China just like what Bosch is doing which is why they outsourced their filters depending on the country's market affordability.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Like FIAMM horns which they sell here in the Philippines, they sell the cheapest FIAMM Autotech Co.,ltd.(China FIAMM) made in China models here because most of the people can not afford the ones Made in Italy or Made in USA which is very very expensive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fiamm-made-usa.jpg   fiamm-made-italy.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ever used this japan oil filter?