New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Im having a problem with my car. Every morning or kapag malamig pa yung engine napansin ko pag papaandarin ko na ang hirap or hindi maganda yung timplahan ng clutch and gas. Parang mag jejerk ng konti yung andar at parang mamatayan ka ng engine. Sa 1st gear ko lang naeexperience yan. Kapapalit ko lang ng sparkplugs... possible kaya na hindi compatible yung sparkplugs sa auto ko? My car is a 2004 rav4.
    Someone told me na baka daw cold sparkplugs nabili ko... Meron ba talagang cold sparkplugs? Need pa daw painitin ng konti bago mo paandarin yung auto... Any suggestions kung anong magandang sparkplugs babagay sa rav4?Im using bosch platinum right now... I know maganda yung mga iridium,kaso namamahalan naman ako masyado... Please help. Share your comments friends! Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    check your car's users manual for the recommended spark plug. OEM plugs are still the best IMO.

It's also a good practice to warm up your engine before driving to let the oil circulate your engine.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hot and Cold Spark Plug

It refers to the heat range of the plug as related to the original manufacturers recommended plug.

A hotter plug actuall means it will stay hotter in the cylinder (colder, just the opposite). By the base thickness and porcelain sizing, this temperature can be varied. By examining the plugs, you can determine whether the plug temperature needs to be varied to allow for a better burn at the plug.

How spot those plug?

A long center electrode is a hot plug. It's how fast the center electrode conducts heat to the head. Short center electrode = cold plug. If you put too hot a plug in, it will cause pre-ignition. You can get colder plugs if you get pinging after the car warms up. Most motor boats run very cold plugs. The heat range for a spark plug just gets the center electrode hot enough to burn off any buildup. If you put too cold a plug in, it can get buildup and you have plugs foul up. Lots of short trips could use a plug one step hotter. Long highway driving could use a plug one step colder. But with modern electronic engine controls, you probably don't need to change from the stock heat range. Go back as it was that recommended by Toyota.

Visit a plug manufacturers site or your car manual for your vehicle, they will explain the plugs, and usually any potential recommendations for plug selections.

Lastly, if you search the web knowledge forums for your type of vehicle or engine, you can usually find others that have done the homework for you, you just change to the plug the forum recommends.

Hope this one help.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    platinum plugs are good but look for the actual equivalent of your oem to prevent problems. you can always ask casa's parts advisor then buy outside to get it cheaper.

you can check www.sparkplugs.com to see the equivalent of your oem plugs to other brands and performance plugs

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Early this morning i tried heating up the engine first for about 5-8 mins before driving it. Meron padin nginig sa engine habang slowly mo paaandarin... tsk! Pumunta agad ako sa petron to buy the stock sparkplugs sana,kaso nung pinatest drive ko sa "headmechanic" nila,sabi naman nya sa clutch daw yung problem. So,naguluhan na ako,i end up going home na hindi na muna ako bumili ulit ng sparkplugs. Pero on my way home,naging normal naman na ulit yung timplahan sa 1st gear,nawala na yung nginig. Defenitely hindi naman siguro nag kukulang ng gas distribution so no need para ipa check ko pa yung fuel pump... Thank you sa mga naunang nag comment.I hope matulungnan nyo pa ako...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    mababa ba yung idling pag bagong start? pwede mo ipacheck yung IACV baka cleaning lang din and I agree sa na OEM sparkplugs are still the best kaysa sa mga aftermarket at mamahaling sparkplugs.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mura lang naman ang stock Denso spark plugs sa Toyota Dealers.

The last time I bought a stock plugs for Innova cost P81/piece, it would probably be the same price range for RAV4, and you will certainly get genuine parts and don't get faked products buying from auto supply.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Maybe its the platinum plugs nga. Am also using one on my 97 Accord, at hindi maganda ang idling. Very rough. Pinagtiya-tiyagaan ko lang, kasi nanghihinayang ako sa presyo. This never happened when I was using stock plugs.

Pag di ko na natiis, balik ako sa stock. Mura na, dependable pa.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    try regapping your plugs it might work

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hope this site would provide yous some info regarding cold and hot plugs. it will also explain what type of plug is better for your vehicle. cold plugs is usually use for vehicle the travels long since engine runs hot for a long period of time it needs to cool fast. hot plugs usually use by vehicles that travels less like home-office and office-home. you can determine if the plugs are hot or cold by the numbers indicated on the part number of the plugs for NGK lower number like 6, 7 are hot plugs and 8,9,10 are cold plugs. for denso 11 to 18 are hot plugs 20 above are cold plugs.

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/produc...g_asia_all.pdf

http://www.ngkntk.co.uk/working/RunS...=ASP\Pg161.asp

this are sparkplugs catalogue free download.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...lugs/index.asp

this site provides you information

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/5673.htm

here you can download bosch plugs catalogue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Re: Spark plugs! Do you agree on this?