New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    actually i was wondering if they would immediately use a diagnostic tool for this kind of problem. i wish they would. cant seem to reach him, no one's picking up on the other end. oh well looks like kelangan overnight yung oto ko

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude View Post
    actually i was wondering if they would immediately use a diagnostic tool for this kind of problem. i wish they would. cant seem to reach him, no one's picking up on the other end. oh well looks like kelangan overnight yung oto ko

Nope, if the starter itself has a physical problem, you cannot detect it using the plug-in electronic diagnostics tool.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    naka tawag na ako sa SA. sabi di daw kaya today. nag diagnostics sila. wala daw problema sa sensors or sa engine. so electronics daw. try daw nila yung alarm ko baka yun daw yun. kaso sa tingin ko, wala naman problema yung alarm ko. nakaka pag arm disarm naman siya. any thoughts?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    most likely a starter or wiring problem. m/t doesn't have electronic inhibitor switch except for the clutch pedal switch. i wonder why it took them so long to diagnose the problem; 5 to 10 min is enough to diagnose a starter problem (if indeed its the problem).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    most likely a starter or wiring problem. m/t doesn't have electronic inhibitor switch except for the clutch pedal switch. i wonder why it took them so long to diagnose the problem; 5 to 10 min is enough to diagnose a starter problem (if indeed its the problem).

Exactly my thought.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    it might be because they had a full schedule when i arrived. hence i wasnt priority. they said to call at 130 pm. ill let you guys know.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    wow they told me exactly what you guys posted (starter) and it took them 1 and a half days to do it. di pa nila nababa they told me to call back 330. theyre not even sure if i can get it today. so frustrating.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    now it will take them another 2 hrs to take down the starter.'wonder how they'll charge the r & r, actual time? maybe.. he he

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    they finally finished the repair at around 5 pm. the starter was covered in carbon deposits thats why it wasnt working. the whole cleaning cost plus labor cost me 2.8k, ouch!! they said the starter should be checked every 3 yrs, i thought that was supposed to be standard in certain pms check ups. oh well at least its working now. thanks to everyone who replied to my thread

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude View Post
    they finally finished the repair at around 5 pm. the starter was covered in carbon deposits thats why it wasnt working. the whole cleaning cost plus labor cost me 2.8k, ouch!! they said the starter should be checked every 3 yrs, i thought that was supposed to be standard in certain pms check ups. oh well at least its working now. thanks to everyone who replied to my thread
    WHATTA!!!!P2.8k for a starter cleaning job only?...anyway, its casa. no doubt. pero teka lang, cleaning lang ginawa? baka pati palit carbon brush?...more than an arm and a leg naman kung cleaning lang...

my case is another issue since i DIYed replacing the carbon brush since i had a high wattage soldering iron and lotsa solder. carbon brush cost me P180 for 4 pcs (just the local brands)....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
qg13de engine wont start