New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    ok...it only happens when the engine has been running for about 10min. my idle is around 900rpm and when i turn on the ac before 10min, it idles up fine, after around 10min when the engine is warm enough, it would be erratic, sometimes it would idle up and sometimes it would just stall....most of the time stall. what could be wrong? thanks...pls help

btw...my engine is ph12...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Dude;

When you say stall, do you mean its completely dead? If so, check fuel filter, external fuel pump, ignition coil or tension wires. Since engine is carb, checking fuel supply is easier than injected engines.

For fuel filter issue; filter should at least have half contained with fuel. Try using a 60.00 plastic filter para 'kita agad kung may gas sa filter. Once you have change out the filter, try cranking the engine to check if at least umaabot ba sa filter gasoline mo. If the fuel is there, check fuel pump. Try using a pressure a gauge. PSI should be about 7PSI from pump to carb. Assuming your carb is okey, try checking the ignition coil. Try borrowing a different coil and see if this resolves the issue.

Now, the worst thing that could happen assuming carb is working just fine, fuel delivery is great, coil and tension wires are working just fine as well, check cylinder functions, 1,2,3 and 4. On this part better consult a good mechanic, or better yet have it check by a mek right away.

Goodluck though.

Safe driving!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    If after stalling the engine would take sometime before it can be restarted, check the fuel system. skipper is right, the carburetor may only be consuming the fuel inside and the moment after the reserve is almost empty, your engine will stall. If fuel supply and reserve are never empty, the idle passages may be clogged or obstructed with dirt preventing proper engine idle speed. In that case, start with the carburetor, filter, pump and if needed drain and replenish your fuel tank.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks for the reply,

stall as in it dies. i have checked the carburator if it supplies gas and it does. tried a different air filter and its fine. the only weird thing is...it only started this when i replaced my dizzy coil. can it be the servo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    servo can be possible.

car stalling....pls help...