New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    opo maayos pa takbo nya...after daw nya pa gas bigla na daw namamatay and ayaw na talaga magstart...sbe po nung nakausap namin (technician dw sya) baka daw sa ilalim daw yung problema...kasi diba pinaayos na namin yun tapos yung spark plug pinalitan na po...ung ignition din pinalitan na pero ganun pa din po kaya baka sabi p niya sa ilalim na nung makina...ibaba niya daw yun makina tpos hahanapin niya daw dun..tapos nga po pala nung tinignan namin yung sparkplug basa yung tip niya...hindi daw nasusunog yung gas mabuti...my alam po ba kayo na makakagawa

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    exactly same thing happened to my crv and was fixed by my mechanic. i hope you kept the servo, ecu & other parts na pinalitan. montik na din ako dati. what my mechanic did is that he performed major tuneup (PROPERLY cleaned the servo & throttle as well PROPERLY adjust tappet, idling, & timing). ayun naayos idling and nawala yung mabaho na buga tambutso. buti na lang hindi ako bumili ng servo. pm me na lang po if you want i can recommend him to you. home service sya for caloocan, manila and QC.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear vhia:

This is truly one of the worst horror stories I've read on Tsikot. My sympathies and condolences.

Not only did you suffer from the vehicle but it looks like you've been taken to the cleaners by the so-called mechanics on several occasions.

I for one am a little familiar with the Galant VR-4 as a good friend has one with a defective computer box.

It's now sitting in his garage gathering dust - not a pretty sight.

As you have changed yours, but your idling problem did not go away, doesn't the casa give guarantee's on their work?

After all, that was a very expensive part that they recommended you replace - all to no avail.

So much work, so much expense, and no solution to the problem.

I have a question for you - what is your position regarding the vehicle?

Do you want to keep it stock or are you willing to modify it to make it easier to service?

If you modify it for easier service it won't have the performance as before, but it will become a reliable car you can use everyday.

It will involve changing the engine to the one used on the gas version of the L-300 delivery van, I assure you that that engine will pretty much solve all your reliability problems, and be easy to fix and cheap to service.

Then again, you VR-4 sports car will drive like a van.

The problem is, you haven't found an honest mechanic to fix your car.

Alternatively to the engine change there is this guy near Crame in Cubao who specializes in fuel injection and turbo systems, (I forget his name) but he can fix the problems of Porsches, BMW's and other sports cars.

The problem is he is very expensive - and will charge like you own a BMW.

It will probably cost more than changing the engine.

The choice is yours.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vhia View Post
    opo maayos pa takbo nya...after daw nya pa gas bigla na daw namamatay and ayaw na talaga magstart...sbe po nung nakausap namin (technician dw sya) baka daw sa ilalim daw yung problema...kasi diba pinaayos na namin yun tapos yung spark plug pinalitan na po...ung ignition din pinalitan na pero ganun pa din po kaya baka sabi p niya sa ilalim na nung makina...ibaba niya daw yun makina tpos hahanapin niya daw dun..tapos nga po pala nung tinignan namin yung sparkplug basa yung tip niya...hindi daw nasusunog yung gas mabuti...my alam po ba kayo na makakagawa
    di kaya may tubig na yung makina mo?? tama, palinis mo yung servo at throttle nya. basa kamo yung sparkplug nya ang sabi mo. pacheck mo kung may leak na ang gasket o yung seal.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    to B16SIR STOCK-- cge po im interested m...pwede ko po ba makuha yung number nung mekaniko...hindi po ba siya mahal maningil...thanks po...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I already send you a message..it seems we have the same problem with the idling. mine same as yours is a VR4 galant a/t. 1994. i already let my mechanic look at and fix the timing belt, comp box,electrical, servo too--still the erratic idling is still there.

Mine seems to be connected with the AC, whenever i turn it on the idling drops and engine rattle..they even put it up (idling) it stabilized for a while but later on it drops again.

Ive been to 2 mechanics already-until now they are still looking for the best thing to do to stabilize the idling. next week i'll be in the auto shop again..this time i dont know whats next they're gonna do.

i hope when yours is fix, you can email me of what things did they do to stabilize it.. the same thing goes i'll email you too as soon as they figure it out.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pa check mo rin MAF sensor at Throttle body baka marumi na kailangan ng linisan.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    check mo na lang yun private message baka matululanagan kita sa problima mo...salamat

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *speed unlimited-thanks..i'll be letting my mechanic do that today.
    *lexxus-thanks too. send you a message.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ano na po kaya update dito?
    I drive a 95 a/t galant rayban... this could help...
    - kung servo yan, idling is erratic, pag nag engage ang a/c compressor di nya ma "idle up" yung makina
    - kung sa timing naman, madali lang ipa check muna yan bago kalasin, baka pede pa habulin sa distributor
    - could be in the fuel system, maaring filter, or pump, or a dirty tank
    - isa pang culprit could be the distributor, baka pabigay na ang coil..
    - normally, you can't fix a servo, papalitan lang yan ng plastic parts that for me is unreliable, kung na diagnose na servo yan, don't settle for kits, salatin mo yung ilalim ng servo, kung tunaw na yung parang asbestos nyan, palitin na yan..
    - kahit laruin mo yung idling nyan, ibabalik lang yan ng ECU, ex. hinabol mo idling pag engage ang a/c, pag bitaw ng compressor, tataas lang idling mo, not a permanent fix..
    - all these happened to me, and by the way, citimotors las pinas was accomodating to check my old car, after replacing the servo ganun pa din, yun pala, engine support lang papalitan, ayos na!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
please help me po!asap (galant vr4 / engine can't idle)