New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    carrying heavy load swiftly * low throttle is also a manifistation of power...

although engines are designed to withstand high Rpms. most engine troubles are caused by pushing too much. I have lot's of personal experience myself. so it's much safer to run * low rpms in my book.

Too many other factors to consider indeed like, gear ratios, axle ratios, Turbo peak boost mentioned...

a driver can be a factor. it is important the "when and what gear" to use on diferent vehicle and situation... good drivers can squeeze more juice from their beloved vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Something that doesn't often figure into the marketing side of the horsepower war is gear ratios.

An engine that has weedy, high-rpm powerband can still feel more lively than an engine with a meaty powerband if it's mated to a transmission with short gearing. Also, with transmissions containing more and more gears nowadays (with mass market ATs coming in 5-speed now, and some mass market MTs coming in 6-speed flavors...), you can use creative gearing to shore up any shortcomings an engine has in terms of peak power, torque or narrowness of powerband.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    palagay ko... peak hp at high rpm. para maxxed out mo ang performance.. kc wat good is the peak hp kung after say 4000/6000redline (low rpm) e decline na or plateau na ung hp mo. aanhin mo pa ung extra 2000 rpm na kaya mo i squeeze out? so sa opinion ko mas ok na mag peak ung hp near the redline rpm. high rpms will also include higher wear and tear kc an engine is composed of moving parts e. and besides lagi ka bang performance driving? a market car in my opinion is not built to be high performance racers kaya ok na ung max hp at high rpm. hmm, parang d ko maput across ang ideas ko a... intindihin nyo nalng, hehehe.

pero id say i have to agree with those hp to power guys. its always good to think about the interactions of those 2 parameters depending on the purpose of ur ride.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The extra rpms are your 'safety net'. Meaning you can reach peak power without bordering on blowing up your engine.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    nice idea, i am learning something. hope more good reply to come. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
peak horsepower? low or high?