New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Guys,

May nag try na ba sa inyo ng mag "PCV delete" ???

How to Install a PCV Delete - YouTube

Kung meron, please share your experiences.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Guys,

May nag try na ba sa inyo ng mag "PCV delete" ???

How to Install a PCV Delete - YouTube

Kung meron, please share your experiences.

Thanks!

Isn't the philippines polluted enough?

You know that these blowby gases end up coating everything it gets in contact with. Youll end up with a dirty engine among other things.

That's backward technology towards the 1930's.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Isn't the philippines polluted enough?

You know that these blowby gases end up coating everything it gets in contact with. Youll end up with a dirty engine among other things.

That's backward technology towards the 1930's.
    Oh thanks for the thought

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Yeh it better to try improve the pcv system rather than delete it.

Some of my improvemets on my carburetted toyota 4k.
    For improved idle performance (better manifold vacuum) i modified a cheap generic blue and black plastic pcv valve so that under low load high vacuum like idle, the conicla needle contacts plastic o ring instead of metal o ring. I made the pastic o ring out of an old drivers license which is completely oil resiatant.

Installed a catch can between the intake manifold line to the pcv valve, and
    another one between the fresh air supply line between the rocker cover and air filter, to stop positive crank pressures along with dirt and oil mist during deceleration from being ejected into the carby or throttle body.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A proper oil catch-can is about the only improvement you can do to the PCV system.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    A proper oil catch-can is about the only improvement you can do to the PCV system.
    Agree on this one. This is the best solution for me as well.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Well it depends on the engine. If its carburetted, then manifold suction is crucial, so improving the seal for high suction will limit the vacuum leak which the valve is designed to attempt to seal in the first place. It is supposed to only start opening and allowing the controlled leak once load is applied and/or throttle is opened but the standard design is a little primative.
    EFI on the other hand is so well controlled a little vacuum leaking isnt neccesarily going to cause enough trouble for this mod to be worth it.