1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ride - pajero 4m40 2.8L TDIC ( subic ) -

im looking for a performance wise and cost effective modification

ok lng ba tong modz na i was thinking performance and cost wise

* k & n air filter ( drop in ) - or apexi

* crankcase breather filter

* larger exhaust and free flow muff (2'5) ata ung sabi nila

any suggestions po if ever na if theres much better upgrade ( by d way naka wash modz na ko ) 3 washer nga lng.... d p me sure kung 4 ko......
    (although many pajero user are doing that )

- any commendable shops....... ( econo wise ) and ung may ksma n po installation... thnx ( sna may contact nfo hehehe ) and estimate cost.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Methanol/water injection can help if your turbo charged.
    It cleans, cools and adds HP.
    Dont take my word search the net.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    K&N air flter, improved crankcase ventilation, and a larger exhaust pipe will have none or limited power improvements. Adding spacers to your tubo wastegate will only increase boost, may result in marginal power addition, but will shorten turbo life. To gain more power, injection pump also has to be adjusted to deliver more fuel and RPMs. But this is not calibration; this is a deviation from Mitsubishi/Bosch specs, and wll shorten engine life and increase your fuel bills. More air and fuel to the engine increases combustion pressures and temperatures.

4JGTootsie's alcohol injection will work as I have seen.

But after all is said and done, are you willing to spend more on fuel. With today's fuel prices, most people are trying to find ways on how to save.

See our new thread on ways to save fuel at our "diesel fuel injection helpdesk".

Pajero Performance Upgrade.