New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'd go for increase bore to increase displacement than increase stroke

increasing stroke decreases an engine's performance at high rpm coz the pistons have to travel further up and down

and also when pistons travel further up and down it increases wear

just something to think about

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I see.
    I just really like the sound of the turbo and we are doing an engine swap anyway para isang kabitan na lang din.lolz.
    The car is rarely being use as well so we just going to put everything in it.

Thanks for the tip sir.
    Last edited by gearspeed; August 13th, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Garrett is offering me this one.
    Any feedbacks about this?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...t/boostadviser

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    so you're asking kung ok ang garrett?

yes definitely

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    btw, na-experience mo na ba mag turbocharge ng N/A engine?

alam mo siguro it's not as simple as ordering a turbocharger and installing it on the engine

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    btw, na-experience mo na ba mag turbocharge ng N/A engine?

alam mo siguro it's not as simple as ordering a turbocharger and installing it on the engine
    Nope. Thats why I am doing research about it.I also know its expensive and complicated.lolz.
    I was asking if the boost adviser is needed and if there are any feedbacks about the boostadviser?

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just tell the shop what engine you're planning to turbocharge and they'll tell you what turbo is appropriate

ano ba engine?

from your post somewhere you mentioned 1zz or 2zz so you're planning to boost a celica or a corolla?

to give you an idea of what you need -- a turbocharger (i think they'll recommend a Garrett T28), a manifold to mount the turbo, a front-mount intercooler, a blow-off valve, bigger injectors, piggyback electronics, air filter, piping, 3 inch diameter exhaust

then you have to tune the car on a dyno

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    just tell the shop what engine you're planning to turbocharge and they'll tell you what turbo is appropriate

ano ba engine?

from your post somewhere you mentioned 1zz or 2zz so you're planning to boost a celica or a corolla?

to give you an idea of what you need -- a turbocharger (i think they'll recommend a Garrett T28), a manifold to mount the turbo, a front-mount intercooler, a blow-off valve, bigger injectors, piggyback electronics, air filter, piping, 3 inch diameter exhaust

then you have to tune the car on a dyno
    Its a 2zzge swap into an AE111.
    Dami ko pang kailangan na OEM parts para lang magfit yung 2zzge dun.lolz
    Nagtanong at pumunta na ako sa mga shop ito mga experiences ko
    One shop ok sana mabait yung shop owner kaso ayaw completely sabihin ang gagawin nila sa buong kotse at sa engine.Tinanong ko nga kung ano size ng turbo ang dapat ayaw na sabihin ang sagot "Stock muna tayo sir.Tignan muna natin sir". Sayang malapit pa naman sana sa amin.
    Yung isang shop pera agad ang hinihingi (which is quite bad already because thats a big no no according to my friends) at nagtantrums pa sa akin yung shop owner nagsabi pa nang pasigaw na "kung ayaw niyo kayo magkabit kayo ang magkabit!!!". Nung marinig magdown kami dun na naging mahinahon. Naghanap na lang ulit ako sa iba.
    Yung iba ok na rin kahit malayo sa amin kaso mga general lang sinabi sa akin hindi yung specific size like nung injectors,front mount intercooler turbo atbp.
    Malaman ko lang specific size nung mga aftermarket parts then I'll order them overseas para kabit kabit na lang sa isang shop at para mabilis. Ganun din kasi aantayin ko din parts na oorderin nila overseas.
    Ayoko pa naman walang ginagawa dun sa auto kapag ganun.
    Kapag naipon ko na lahat ng OEM parts para magfit yung 2zzge engine sa AE111.Dadalhin ko sa not sponsored shop then test fit nila then ibabalik ulit yung 4afe engine ko iuuwi ko muna yung kotse then dadalhin ko na sa machine shop yung engine para madetermine kung ano size nung bore ang dapat then order ko lahat ng parts at sila magkakabit.Yung iba na hindi kaya ng machine shop. Yung not sponsored shop na ang magkakabit nun.

Kung may makilala lang ako na pwede sa bahay gagawin at magaling na mechanic dito ko na pagagawa eh para macheck ko mabuti ang gagawin nila.
    Gusto ko kasi tutukan ko mabuti yung build dahil hindi lang hard earned money yan kundi para sa future ko din yan.lolz.

Balak ko GTX4088R or GTX4294R na naka side mount yung turbo ayoko tapyasin yung firewall at panget kasi yung set up na ganun.
    Last edited by gearspeed; August 16th, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's just a tool for sizing the turbo. In the end, it'll still depend on what your goals and budget are.

Most people here simply do it scattershot or go through a tuner who will design a system around the motor you have... and they'll do the turbo sizing for you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Balak ko GTX4088R or GTX4294R na naka side mount yung turbo ayoko tapyasin yung firewall at panget kasi yung set up na ganun.
    so magpa-fabricate ka ng turbo manifold na papunta sa side

like this:

btw, i think the turbos you mentioned are a bit to big for the 2zz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast