New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    nga pala, MIVEC-turbo ng evo 9 diba 4Bxx na code pala nun, not 4G63..
    Nope, Evo IX is still 4G63. Yung MIVEC naman sa head lang nag bago. Basic design of the engine remained the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ncer_Evolution
    The 2.0 L 4G63 engine now gets MIVEC technology

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    JC, in all fairness to the B16, have you ever tested its capabilities?

We have an SiR with a heavily modified B16 and we know its capabilities. Maybe the reason you think it's over rated is because it truly can deliver if properly done/tuned, and people talk about it all the time. I suggest you try one out and see for yourself.

The same goes with the Toyota engine mentioned.

*Niky that reminds me, I'm still here in Manila - kitakits tayo. Send kita ng PM when I get some free time

ok...tanda ko nagbago na ng code for the lancer/cedia engines,e...

MIVEC-turbo 4g63 pala yun....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not sure about this but I have seen a lot of articles praising the K20 but when shown on a drag racing video, parang iwan sya palagi.

Glad that nobody still mentioning the SR20, the engine that has already proved a lot.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Hmmm. Why would the 4G63 turbo be overrated? It lent itself quite well to tuning. It certainly was no slouch either in factory-stock form.
    well, like what I said that the 4G63 has its own level. but not really an "over-rated" engine like the B-series coz there are shitloads of them! (even the K-series are keeping up on the list).

also, the 4G63 is probably the most praised and the most popular 4 cylinder 2.0L Twin Cam, 16 Valve, Turbocharged Engine. compared to the EJ20, SR20DET, & the 3SGTE (in the 2.0L Class). but then again, it is still not as popular as the B16.

aite, peace.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusblutrooper View Post
    c190 then c240 then 4ba1 then 4bc2 and now the infamous 4hf1 HAHAHAHAH
    sir, diba makina ng mga Jeepneys to?? lolz!!! bwakekekeke

aite, peace.

eto lang for me ha..(sorry sa fanbois ha)

most over-ratted, over-talked engine that i know of is the over-revving engines of honda....but still lacks the torque needed for manila-city traffic singitan use...dami lang kasing aftermarket support parts para sa mga makinang yun kaya siya popular..

heck stock SR16VE N1 has more power than the stock b16's and 4ag's..but underrated here because wala masyadong piyesa...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    well, like what I said that the 4G63 has its own level. but not really an "over-rated" engine like the B-series coz there are shitloads of them! (even the K-series are keeping up on the list).

also, the 4G63 is probably the most praised and the most popular 4 cylinder 2.0L Twin Cam, 16 Valve, Turbocharged Engine. compared to the EJ20, SR20DET, & the 3SGTE (in the 2.0L Class). but then again, it is still not as popular as the B16.

aite, peace.
    Oh. Ok.

Kinda reminds me...... Where does Mazda's rotary fit in all these?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Oh. Ok.

Kinda reminds me...... Where does Mazda's rotary fit in all these?
    those 13B's?? my goodness, I hate those engines!! well, I like how they sound though, but man.. they got no torque!! my heavy right foot needs torque!! lmfao!!

anywayz, not only Im a fan to Toyota's, but I know my Mitsubishi's pretty well

KBR built 4G63/4G64 Hybrid 2.4L w/ 600 bhp (530 FWHP) * only 24 psi

aite, peace.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    When I was still is Cali, some... errr most pala of my tuner friends agree that toyota's 2JZs are the most overrated.

Just ask the former APEXi Engineering Head and Cosworth RnD.. and now w/ U.S big time engine tuner Xs Engineering, Mr. Eric Hsu on how he blasted away Supra boy's so called Jap muscle engine. He shut them all up with he's statement. Coz we all know he really knows what's he's talking about.

Here naman with a year of stay, it's the b16 I think..

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    nga pala, MIVEC-turbo ng evo 9 diba 4Bxx na code pala nun, not 4G63..

SR20 at RB-series ng nissan...underrated pala mga to....
    Dude, I think the SR20 and RBs are not over or underrated, lalo na the legendary RBs it proved itself more than enough.. ;)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Overrated engines... Eto nanaman po tayo.