New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Can overheating be caused by problems within the engine or the cylinders? I went to a local mechanic and he tested the car for overheating and said I should go to the casa because the problem is with the cylinders. I was of the opinion that causes of overheating are always external to the engine....

Should I get a second opinion? I cant afford casa rates right now

btw my car is a 2000 accord

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Libre lang naman magpa estimate sa casa. Just tell them up front na pa estimate mo muna at wala kang dalang pera para malinaw. Sa Mitsu libre, not sure sa Honda.
    Kung medyo mahal sa casa, go to another mechanic na makaka diagnose ng problema. Jumping into conclusion that engine cylinders are causing the overheating problem may be an expensive conclusion. Try mo muna yung pinakamadali at pinakamura. Baka barado lang radiator, baka kailangan lang mag radiator flush o rad overhaul. Baka thermostat problem lang. Baka rad fan problem lang.
    Wait pa natin mga reply ng mga Accord gurus.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Yes this is possible due to heavy friction but try the process of elimination find out what is the usual cause of overheating usually radiator hose aux fan or the radiator cap is worn out that it cannot create a pressure to avoid the water boiling and spilling. For honda CASA it is free estimate what I do is ask via phone regarding the problem and they will tell you what to do but not all the time kasi of course they want you to come there so they can charge you but the estimate is free.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I want to ask when at what happened when the overheating started.
    e.g. forgot to put water, removed thermostat, leaking water pump, sliding/cut belt, adjusted valve clearance or replaced timing belt.

With a background check we could give a good prognosis or a sound educated guess.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it can also be caused by a busted head gasket. try to get a more detailed explanation/cause para alam mo rin what is really causing the problem.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    what to sell your 2000 accord? i would like to buy.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    it can also be caused by a busted head gasket. try to get a more detailed explanation/cause para alam mo rin what is really causing the problem.
    yep i concur.

but it could be something less expensive. i hope it is, because mahal magpa-overhaul nyan hehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by darkentity View Post
    Can overheating be caused by problems within the engine or the cylinders? I went to a local mechanic and he tested the car for overheating and said I should go to the casa because the problem is with the cylinders. I was of the opinion that causes of overheating are always external to the engine....

Should I get a second opinion? I cant afford casa rates right now

btw my car is a 2000 accord
    Overheating caused by too many, like clogged or leaking radiator or hose, defective head gasket, radiator cap, faulty cooling fan, faulty heater core, stuck thermostat, bad water pump, belt tension, retarded or over advanced ignition timing and many more. Kaya were not only settling radiator or hose. Possible na ma-damage sa overheat....cracked engine block, burn valve, warp head block and so on.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; April 29th, 2008 at 07:52 AM.

Overheating can be caused by engine problems?