New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Good day to everybody!!

I'm new to this forum and would like to ask few questions?

Is it normal for oil to drip/ leak from the breather?
    Is it normal to consume 1ltr of engine oil every 1000kms?
    Any advice, suggestions, comments regarding 1989 Mitsubishi Pajero is appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa breather ko may konting oil pero hindi naman dripping and I don't consume a liter every thousand km.

Baka kelangan na ng overhaul niyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadfanatic2003
    Good day to everybody!!

I'm new to this forum and would like to ask few questions?

Is it normal for oil to drip/ leak from the breather?
    Is it normal to consume 1ltr of engine oil every 1000kms?
    Any advice, suggestions, comments regarding 1989 Mitsubishi Pajero is appreciated.

Thank you.
    Ay! ganyan din yung sakin. May tumutulong langis sa breather especially after long drive. Pero patak lang, siguro 3-5 drops. Kailangan na ba ng top overhaul?

Yung oil consumption ko is 1ltr/ 3-4t kms. Which i think is still normal considering that 1 year pa lang siya since the last overhaul.

Comment on Pajero:
    A very-reliable-no-complain-high torque-low-maintenance-daily-driven - vehicle!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Comment on Pajero:
    A very-reliable-no-complain-high torque-low-maintenance-daily-driven - vehicle!
    Kaya nga nagtataka ako why you and afrasay are both selling your Pajeros. hehehe. :mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [quote="OTEP"]

Kaya nga nagtataka ako why you and afrasay are both selling your Pajeros. hehehe. :mrgreen:
    Ikaw naman binisto mo pa ako. Labs ko talaga tong Pajero ko, kaya lang tumulo laway ko dun sa Hi-lux eh!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala pong tulo yun breather ko. Engine is drip free. Ako din labs ko yon Pajero ko. It has taken me to so many destinations with no breakdown. Kaya lang gaya ni Bogart tumulo ang laway ko dun sa ******* eh! :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome OffroadFanatic2003 (ang haba naman! :D )

Yes it is normal for oil to drip from the breather. Basta hindi excessive. Kung drops lang, thats normal. With regards to your oil query.... well.... i havent really owned a bnew pajero so i cant really tell the oil consumption of a factory spec 4d56. In my opinion, your oil consumption is still on the "bearable" side of a blowby. Very slight pa po yan.

If your car is daily driven, i'd say you need an overhaul if you add a liter every two weeks. Pag 1 liter a week, malala na yan.

HTH

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Normal ba sa engine to cosume oil? I check my oil daily and i dont seem to consume much di masyado bumababa ang dipstick, that is until i reach my 5000km change oil, di ko kailangan mag dagdag. Sa breather naman may tulo ng knoti pero drops lang.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks for the replies!
    actually, drops nga lang yung sa breather. siguro 3-5 drops din, but i'm a little bit worried kasi it consumes oil eh. every 3t kms pala 1 liter na agad ang kulang.
    hindi naman mausok kasi it was overhauled 14 months ago, and calibrated a month ago. malakas ang hatak and top speed is 130kph. (normal pa ito di ba? )
    also, i've seen other old pajero with turbo wherein the breather hose is connected to the air filter hose going to the turbo. yun sakin, yun breather hose diretso lang sa baba. what's the difference?
    nagtanong ako sa auto supply ng air filter hose na pang turbo, ang mahal naman! sabi sakin dun yung ikabit ko na lang daw eh yung pang L300 na hose.
    Welcome OffroadFanatic2003 (ang haba naman! )
    well my name speaks for my passion, although i have'nt tried it. i love my pajero and its the only vehicle that my family has so i don't want it damaged.
    Ay! ganyan din yung sakin. May tumutulong langis sa breather especially after long drive. Pero patak lang, siguro 3-5 drops. Kailangan na ba ng top overhaul?
    top overhaul? but will it solve the problem of the oil drip?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT lang ha:

i don't want it damaged
    Ito rin lang ang sasakyan ko pero buhay pa din. Come hell or high water. :mrgreen: Join us in our next off-road exploit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
oil leak sa breather?