New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Got a coupon from my parking stub sa Glorietta for a P499 Oil and Filter change at Rapide Auto Service Center.

Includes:
    - Oil Filter
    - up to 5 liters of AC Delco Oil
    - Lube Chasis Fittings
    - free Tire rotation and Safety Inspection

Good deal na ba to and ok ba langis ng AC Delco?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okey naman. Pero sa Rapide kung ano anong sira ang sasabihin nilang nadiscover nila sa sasakyan mo. hehehe. So beware.

AC Delco supplies General Motors. Ok naman siguro iyan. Yung filter anong brand?

Saka sa panahon ngayon, truck-based vehicles na lang ang may lube-able chassis fittings. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OK naman ang AC Delco.. I was using their fully synthetic OIL minsan lang mahirap mag hanap sa iba.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're just going to get an oil change service, that's quite good. (they use VIC filters i think)... aside from that, taga na sila/ If they suggest something needs to be done with the car, get a second opinion from a mechanic/shop that you know and have him do the work instead.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    guys please use OEM oil filter..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by vinj
    If you're just going to get an oil change service, that's quite good. (they use VIC filters i think)... aside from that, taga na sila/ If they suggest something needs to be done with the car, get a second opinion from a mechanic/shop that you know and have him do the work instead.
    actually ok nga yung change oil promo nila. tapos maintenance check nila entire car and after that they give a report on what needs to be repaired or replaced pati yung quotation ng rapide for labor and parts. just got the report and went to my reliable talyer and asked for 2nd opnion. Medyo di naman nagkakalayo prices nila pero since andun na ko dun sa talyer, dun ko na lang pinagawa. Mostly stabilizer and shift lever bushings ang pinalitan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Take Midas with a little grain of salt though. One of the Nissanbayan members had some suspension work there before and the mechanic whacked the ABS sensor which resulted in the sensor getting cracked. He had a hell of a time trying to get them to replace it and now they havent replaced it yet. Whenever he passes by the branch to follow up (Makati i think), he gets the evil eye from them.

I also had experience with another branch to check my rear suspension. They were charging me a high labor price to do some work with the rear leaf springs (P1000+) kesyo marami daw tatanggalin, etc... I went to Wheelers Suspension in Banawe and i spent P200-P400 all in all for changing the leaf spring bushings.

Oil and Filter Change Promo * Rapide