New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi Doc Diesel, Thanks, very informative reference. I'm confident that my turbo charger is still working but how efficient is another thing. I have to DIY the process as mentioned on your guidelines.
    The OEM intercooler sensor priced at 1050 at El Dorado's, I might replaced this on weekend to prevent intercooler fan motor from burning.
    By the way, what is this starting fluid used to check leakages between turbocharger and air cleaner?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    is there oil before the turbo and after the breather that goes into the intake? if none maybe the turbo is leaking oil if there is normal lang yon, accumulated lang siguro after how many years. the important thing is that it does not consume oil.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pasingit.. Since you guys talking about TURBO.. what could be the problem for this.. Nag babaga na yung turbo ko in a long run..lalo na sa high speed

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nightrock, baka may bara sa cooling system nung turbo. Check mo yung hoses connected to it. As far as i can recall meron coolant na dumadaan sa turbo.

Doc D, sir the oil I found in the turbo came from the cylinder head. I noticed some oil coming from the EGR hose going to the turbo. Pero sir nabenta ko na ho itong pajero na ito heheh.

Field Master, as long as the turbo is properly lubed and wala namang deformities sa fins, it should work fine

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nightrock,
    may instances na magbabaga talaga yung turbo since it generates so much heat na it looks like red hot coal that you can cook on. just make sure lubrication is always there.

wala rin coolant that goes into the turbo.....

Doc D.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Well, I have to find it out tomorrow kung:
    1) Saan galing ang langis - meron kasi akong nakita sa black flexible hose connected to turbo going to intercooler. Eto ba yun breather?
    2) Fin damage - will inspect this after removing the mentioned flexible hose.
    3) Coolant - Confirm ko kung meron nga.
    Tapos gagawan natin ng diagram para madaling maintindihan ng ibang tsikoter (4m40 makina ko).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oops, my bad I just noticed a tube in the rear end of the 4D56TDIC going to the turbo which has coolant in it. Forgot the specifics already its been a long time.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    sir docdiesel, san yung turbo troubleshooting guide nyo? dito ba sa tsikot>

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My hose nga with coolant that goes in the area of the turbo. Have to check pa if it indeed cools the turbo.

Nagkaproblem ako sa hose na yun dati, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by niwde11
    sir docdiesel, san yung turbo troubleshooting guide nyo? dito ba sa tsikot>
    go to www.betancalibration.com

Doc D.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Oil coming from Turbo...