New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hello guys. just wanna ask if these are connected. i've recently checked my engine bay and found out that my oil catch can had some nasty oil sludge around the fittings and i also found out that my coolant reservoir was empty. i had to refill it and had around 1.5 liters for top up at the radiator. are they related... this is the first time that this ever happened to me. im quite anxious...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Those fittings are just showing that you really needed to have a catch can. It seems you have lots of oil carry over...the oil stain and accumulated dust is just an indicator that either that metal clamp is loose or you need to put a teflon tape or swag paste over that red fittings threads. The thread may not really be that tight or have gaps on it.

Your coolant depletion doesn't have any correlation to that Oil catch can...totally separate case. Check kung me leak ang radiator and hoses mo. Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    try to seal the connections of the hoses with fittings so that the oil vapor gets trap in the catch can and doesn'e escape... yung oil vapor condenses near the fittings and the dirt will be attracted to that kaya dudumi yung sa meh fittings...

as for the coolant, walang correlation yun, mauubos lang laman ng reservoir mo kung meh problem sa cooling system.... very seldom should the reservoir get depleted...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thank you guys. If there's no leak on the cooling system, what could be the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vyn300d View Post
    Thank you guys. If there's no leak on the cooling system, what could be the problem?

could be a busted rad cap.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    could be a busted rad cap.
    How would i find out if the cap is already busted?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Got a busted hose. Thanks for the replies

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    will a DIY fuel filter assembly be an effective oil catch can?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by limarj View Post
    will a DIY fuel filter assembly be an effective oil catch can?
    In my opinion mas maganda diy cc kasi masusunod yung design na gusto mo. Ive got the greddy copy and it sucks kasi pahirapan sa pagdrain.....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    fuel filter assembly are sold cheap at auto surplus shops. i'll make one this weekend (surplus assy + cheap fuel filter)and see how it fares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast