New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    The Fuel injection pump is being lubricated by the high pressure engine oil. When the seals of the pump wear out, the higher pressure of the diesel injection contaminates the oil. So it is the diesel fuel intrusion that increases the volume of oil within the engine. Diesel fuel does not have the additives of the lubicant much less the right viscosity of oil. Prolong use will lead to worn out bearings that will lead to spun bearing. DISASTER.

Check your oil and it is thinner(less viscous) than what it is supposed to be.
    Ano pong sasakyan? AFAIK, applicable ito sa mga in-line injection pumps. Rotary ip uses diesel as lubricant and coolant.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Ano pong sasakyan? AFAIK, applicable ito sa mga in-line injection pumps. Rotary ip uses diesel as lubricant and coolant.
    rotary type ang injection pump nya. Does it mean i can rule out injection pump leak?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Bosch VE distributor-type ang ip nya. Rotary po ito di ba?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
    Bosch VE distributor-type ang ip nya. Rotary po ito di ba?
    The most common rotary ip around. Engine oil does not lubricate it, your diesel fuel does. Leaking injectors may be a cause, do you hear "fuel knock". What about the exhaust, excessive black smoke? Also, do you let service station personnel check your engine fluids when you gas up?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The most common rotary ip around. Engine oil does not lubricate it, your diesel fuel does. Leaking injectors may be a cause, do you hear "fuel knock". What about the exhaust, excessive black smoke? Also, do you let service station personnel check your engine fluids when you gas up?

I don't let gas station attendant mess with my engine. I'm monitoring the oil level daily and still noticing the level continuously increase a bit everyday. No black smoke, it's actually white during cold start-ups.

The calibration center i've consulted immediately gave a verdict that it's the fuel pump. But if it's a rotary type, there's no way fuel would leak from the ip to the crankcase.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Well if it is the rotary-type, it may not be lubicated by the engine.

But you are still not out of it, the pump is driven by the engine itself. The SHAFT SEAL is your culprit. It is leaking diesel fuel into your engine.

It is not your nozzles, leaking nozzles cannot fill up the pan that fast because the excess diesel will be moved out of the chamber as very black smoke. Incomplete combustion because the ideal air-fuel ratio will be exceeded.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Well if it is the rotary-type, it may not be lubicated by the engine.

But you are still not out of it, the pump is driven by the engine itself. The SHAFT SEAL is your culprit. It is leaking diesel fuel into your engine.

It is not your nozzles, leaking nozzles cannot fill up the pan that fast because the excess diesel will be moved out of the chamber as very black smoke. Incomplete combustion because the ideal air-fuel ratio will be exceeded.

I think this is the most plausible explanation. leak from the ip shaft seal seeping through the o-ring going to the timing gear case, where it mixes with the oil used to lubricate the timing gears , down to the crankcase. You're good turbo, real good. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
    I think this is the most plausible explanation. leak from the ip shaft seal seeping through the o-ring going to the timing gear case, where it mixes with the oil used to lubricate the timing gears , down to the crankcase. You're good turbo, real good. Thanks.
    This is possible with gear driven pumps. Is your ride an isuzu (or toyota B), which other diesels are using gear driven pumps.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This is possible with gear driven pumps. Is your ride an isuzu (or toyota B), which other diesels are using gear driven pumps.
    Isuzu. I surmise fuel seeps out of the injector shaft, and the o-ring which seals the injection pump from the timing gear case is also shot. I doubt if its the injectors because it would have resulted in an engine-performance problem. Thanks sir Jayo.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    blow-by po siguro yan kasi po yung samin ganyan din eh pag binuksan mo yung radiator ang lakas ng tapon ng tubig and my white smoke na mabahong lumalabas tapos pinalitan ng mga valve guide and pistons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Not your typical engine problem...