New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Noob question guys.

Wala ako alam sa sasakyan and this is my first time to have one.

Nung nilabas namin sa casa yung sasakyan nag pa gas kami sa caltex silver unleaded... Advisable ba or it's must na sa caltex ulit ako mag pa gas?

If hindi naman must, Do I need to empty the fuel first bago ako mag pa gas sa ibang gas station like petron or shell?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Nope. Di naman kelangan. Ang important lang is dapat alam ninyo kung ano ang octane rating na recommended para sa sasakyan ninyo, regardless kung saan ka magpapa-gas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Make and model please

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    City 2014 E CVT

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    You can gas to any of the 3, caltex, shell or petron. Pili ka na lang anong octane ratiing 91, 95 or 97 iba iba lang ang name ng gasoline per gas station.

Medyo nagmura naman na ang gas, you can go for 95 octane rating.

Choose and stick with 1 or 2 gas station. Pili ka din kung san yung di binabaha na gas station.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hachooro View Post
    You can gas to any of the 3, caltex, shell or petron. Pili ka na lang anong octane ratiing 91, 95 or 97 iba iba lang ang name ng gasoline per gas station.

Medyo nagmura naman na ang gas, you can go for 95 octane rating.

Choose and stick with 1 or 2 gas station. Pili ka din kung san yung di binabaha na gas station.

Ano yang octane level? will I just tell the gasoline boy? yan ba yung silver and gold and etc.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    #1 You don't need to stick with any gas station. While I generally like filling up at Shell due to convenience of their service stations it doesn't mean I do not occasionally gas up at Petron, SeaOil, Unioil, and Total.

#2 For the RON ratings, the most sensible choice is to get the cheapest one unless your engine has a high compression ratio that would take advantage of better fuel. But as with #1, you can use any octane rating you'd prefer -- just make sure to load your car with the appropriate fuel. Throw diesel at a gasoline car would wreck it.

#3 Do you need to empty the fuel tank? Well, most people recommend not to run your fuel tank down, try to gas up once the fuel light turns on. At the very least, it'll give you peace of mind. You don't want to experience the panic of not having a gas station near and a pointer that's under the "E" lettering.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Ano yang octane level? will I just tell the gasoline boy? yan ba yung silver and gold and etc.
    Paying a Premium for High Octane Gasoline? | Consumer Information

But just to expound on this..

There are typically three "grades" of gasoline sa Philippines...

93 - Shell Unleaded, Caltex Silver, Petron Unleaded
    95 - Shell V-Power Gas, Caltex Gold, Petron XCS
    97+ - Shell V-Power Nitro, Petron Blaze

You can tell the gasoline boy the name of the gasoline brand (ex. Php2000 ng Caltex Silver!) or you can simply go for the RON number, alam din naman nila yun.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; January 18th, 2015 at 04:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^Halos wala nang 93 ngayon bro, since DOE mandate is 91 minimum. A more updated list would be:

91 - Shell FuelSave, Petron Super Xtra Gasoline, Caltex Silver, Total Premier, Seaoil Extreme U, Unioil Euro IV 91

93 - Petron Xtra Advance, Seaoil Extreme 93

95 - Shell V-Power Nitro+, Petron XCS, Caltex Gold, Total Excellium, Unioil Euro IV 95

97 - Shell V-Power Nitro+ Racing, Seaoil Extreme 97, Unioil Euro IV 97

100 - Petron Blaze

Most cars sold in the country require only a minimum of 91 RON. There are a few that require 95 or 97 RON, but these are usually higher end vehicles. I find it funny that some people think their econoboxes are so high-strung that they need high octane fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    ^Halos wala nang 93 ngayon bro, since DOE mandate is 91 minimum. A more updated list would be:

91 - Shell FuelSave, Petron Super Xtra Gasoline, Caltex Silver, Total Premier, Seaoil Extreme U, Unioil Euro IV 91

93 - Petron Xtra Advance, Seaoil Extreme 93

95 - Shell V-Power Nitro+, Petron XCS, Caltex Gold, Total Excellium, Unioil Euro IV 95

97 - Shell V-Power Nitro+ Racing, Seaoil Extreme 97, Unioil Euro IV 97

100 - Petron Blaze

Most cars sold in the country require only a minimum of 91 RON. There are a few that require 95 or 97 RON, but these are usually higher end vehicles. I find it funny that some people think their econoboxes are so high-strung that they need high octane fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shell Fuelsave is unleaded?

If the benefits of higher octane fuel are NIL (?) for econoboxes (that includes majority of cars in PH like my Altis), then why are higher octane fuels being sold pa? Does that mean people are being paying a higher price for nothing? Just branding? I used to gas up premium for my GLi because I thought an older engine would run better on higher quality fuel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast