New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi, I have a 2008 Toyota vios 1.5g mt. Ok naman yung ride nya... very smooth plus the engine's performance is actually great considering that it's just a 1.5... My inquiry is if I want it to have more power (meaning I want it to be faster) what are the performance parts that I should add or replace? Oh, the condition is that the fuel consumption should not change or if it does, it will become better. So most likely these will be the air circulation parts such as exhaust and intakes.

Thats my personal project for next year.. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I assume your Vios is totally stock at the moment.

If you want more performance out of your current car, you would need the following:
    -better wheels/tires
    -better suspension
    -better brakes

That is before you go for better power.

What is your budget for your upgrades or performance goals? Do you want to take the car to the chassis' limits or do you want to scare yourself sh*tless?

As for fuel consumption, it takes more fuel to make more horsepower.

For starters, you could probably change the air filter to a less restrictive type and upgrade the muffler to a freeflow type like in the link below:

http://images.minitruckinweb.com/tec...ow_muffler.jpg

If you can't find one, you can have it made for you. The reason is that type would reduce the exhaust backpressure and still retain the exhaust's relatively quiet sound. It also looks less obvious if you like a "sleeper" look.

Noob inquiry on performance upgrade