New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Mga sir ask ko lang kung worth it ba yung NGK high performance na spark plugs compare sa normal na NGK sparkplug. Based kasi sa mga nabasa ko mas na buburn ng ayos yung fuel so mas tumataas ang mileage ng sasakyan. Sino po may advice based on experience?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What model, specifically?

Fuel economy will not improve with a change of spark plugs alone. Not unless the previous spark plugs were the wrong height and heat range for the engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    plan ko sana palitan spark plugs ng exalta grandeur ko. So it does not make any difference compare to the normal one? Mas matagal lang siguro usage nia?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sir niky... Yung focus ko... Lumakas sa gas... do I need to change sparkplugs... ?

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Spark plugs only do one thing.

To spark.

They do not provide the electricity needed for the spark, the ignition system does that. It is always wise to use the sparkplug recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ambasad0r View Post
    plan ko sana palitan spark plugs ng exalta grandeur ko. So it does not make any difference compare to the normal one? Mas matagal lang siguro usage nia?
    If you will use "high-performance" spark plugs, use NGK platinums that are equivalent in design and heat range to the NGK plugs that already come on your car. And yes, mas matagal yung life niya... which is about the only reason to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Sir niky... Yung focus ko... Lumakas sa gas... do I need to change sparkplugs... ?

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Depends on why. Pulling the plugs will tell you if they're healthy (slightly reddish tint) or if your engine is running rich. (Black) If it's the latter, then you might need to clean your MAF sensor or check your O2 sensors.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...