New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I always use Denso K16R-U11 in my 4afe Corolla BigBody ..

This time, out of curiosity, I tried the cross reference of K16R-U11 in Denso website which is the NGK BKR5EYA-11 ..

When I bought it at the autoparts store, I was expecting that I would received either the ones that comes with either the yellow box NGK or the gray box NGK ..

Instead, the partsman gave me the red box with a label "Originally equipped for Toyota vehicles" .. When I research it, I found out that in other countries, NGK are the oem supplier of Toyota, like Denso here in the Philippines ..

I replaced the Denso ones with the NGK's I bought and we went to attend a house warming, I'm thinking its a good way to test drove it as we were going to a mountainous road along the way ..

I noticed immediately that the acceleration and power of the engine with NGK sparkplugs is completely different with the previous Denso's I've used eversince. I don't think its a placebo effect as I've always used Denso all my life.

I've read it in the web that there are owners like me who experience same power and acceleration boost by using NGK coming from Denso ..

Are there owners here who experience this also ??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe its because the plugs are new..

If its still the same after a few thousand kilometers then mas ok nga ang NGK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Maybe its because the plugs are new..

If its still the same after a few thousand kilometers then mas ok nga ang NGK.

As i've said, I've always used Denso every change oil I also change spark plugs .. It's just this once that I've used NGK .. And it's this time I've experience a noticeable bump in power and acceleration when changing spark plugs; when I change my Denso sparkplugs with a new Denso before; it's never as noticeable as this (with NGK); I mean yes the engine is smoother when replacing old Denso SP with new Denso SP, but I haven't experience a change in power and acceleration before when changing old denso with new denso, only now with NGK .. I'm not insinuating anything, infact I'm a fan of denso products, I'm just voicing out my experience ..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    got pics of the densos side by side with the ngks? maybe its gap is different

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    got pics of the densos side by side with the ngks? maybe its gap is different
    cross reference in denso website for the Denso K16R-U11 i've used always is the NGK BKR5EYA-11 ...

Both has a gap of 1.1 which states at the last of the model number, both have 11 at the end of the model number ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    As i've said, I've always used Denso every change oil I also change spark plugs .. It's just this once that I've used NGK .. And it's this time I've experience a noticeable bump in power and acceleration when changing spark plugs; when I change my Denso sparkplugs with a new Denso before; it's never as noticeable as this (with NGK); I mean yes the engine is smoother when replacing old Denso SP with new Denso SP, but I haven't experience a change in power and acceleration before when changing old denso with new denso, only now with NGK .. I'm not insinuating anything, infact I'm a fan of denso products, I'm just voicing out my experience ..
    Then switch back to Denso on your next oil change. Kung humina ang hatak palit ka na into NGK.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I've been using Denso spark plugs on my previous ride for the longest time. No issues really.

Now my new ride Suzuki has stock NGK spark plugs. Nice to hear NGK may perform better. But this is not conclusive of course hehe unless I would be trying the Denso too.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    its also possible that the NGK iridiums are better that the Densos. It's worth trying on my next spark plug change

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    its also possible that the NGK iridiums are better that the Densos. It's worth trying on my next spark plug change
    AFAIK, Iridium tips may provide longer change intervals for your spark plugs. For the effect on fuel consumption, I doubt it especially with today's modern engine design.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    AFAIK, Iridium tips may provide longer change intervals for your spark plugs. For the effect on fuel consumption, I doubt it especially with today's modern engine design.

Denso Iridiums are the ones installed in my car. Just curious as to what the TS mentioned when he used NGK on his car which ran on Densos the longest time. So maybe shifting to NGK iridiums is worth a try...