New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    As far as i know recommended fuel for mirage is regular gasoline. E10 capable na din siya but i dont any idea kung magbabago takbo paglalagyan ng higher octane rating.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mirage will run on 91 octane gasoline but price difference between 91 and 95 octane fuel isn't that much, you'll get more power with 95 octane gasoline.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Mirage will run on 91 octane gasoline but price difference between 91 and 95 octane fuel isn't that much, you'll get more power with 95 octane gasoline.
    Higher octane does not mean more power.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Octane determines detonation resistance. If your engine can use 91 RON, it's a waste of money getting higher octane gas/petrol, as these are designed for engines with higher compression.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If the thread starter is smart and drive steadily in a particular route together with a fixed load you can try the different octanes and see for yourself how easy you accelerate & how far you get

From 93 octane to 91 octane (cheapest fuel last year) my fuel milage went down. Then i tried 95, fuel milage went back up, exceeded 93 octane

Now im in the process of trying 98 octane with my mirage-glx, lakas ng hatak. Quite useful going up in tagaytay & antipolo on a full load

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hello mga taga-Tsikot!

My ride is a Jazz 1.5V AT, rated at 91 RON minimum.

Just a question: With the unscrupulous practice of diluting gasoline variants used by gas stations nowadays, is it safe to gas up at the minimum RON prescribed? Or must we use the next higher octane rating to be safe?

Something I've been pondering for sometime.

TIA for those who will respond.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jupe View Post
    Hello mga taga-Tsikot!

Just a question: With the unscrupulous practice of diluting gasoline variants used by gas stations nowadays, is it safe to gas up at the minimum RON prescribed? Or must we use the next higher octane rating to be safe?

maybe they are not as widely unscrupulous as we imagine..
    i use the cheapest unleaded fuel i can buy, and i have had no problems..
    but you should listen to your engine.. you can feel when the engine is unhappy or not..
    in my experience, my car doesn't like the non-big-three...
    i just go to what i perceive as an honest gas station.. (thru experience, of course).
    drive long and happy.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jupe View Post
    Hello mga taga-Tsikot!

As much as I'd like to discredit all the other gasoline stations in the country, I'm actually quite sure that the fuel they sell you isn't diluted.

Without getting into details, all I can say is that the process of transferring fuel from the depot to the station offers very little room for a dealer to dilute their product. This is especially true in Metro Manila where most stations are company-owned with much stricter operational standards.

So when you buy 91RON gasoline, that is 91RON gasoline.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Napapansin ko lang, paglower RON like 91, ang bilis umitim ng langis ko pag higher ron 95 above parang bago lagi kulay ng oil ko.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Higher Octane fuel usually has additives that cleans engines.
    Last edited by Walter; May 29th, 2014 at 03:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Newbie question: Gasoline