New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Newer API specs does not necessary mean better protection. In fact, baka nga less protection pa dahil sa restriction on the use of friction modifiers/additives for emissions control.

Looks like need pang magubos ng stocks ng mga retailers and distributors bago nila ilabas new stocks with the new API specs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EssB View Post
    Newer API specs does not necessary mean better protection. In fact, baka nga less protection pa dahil sa restriction on the use of friction modifiers/additives for emissions control.

Looks like need pang magubos ng stocks ng mga retailers and distributors bago nila ilabas new stocks with the new API specs.
    correct. this is probably low saps which is not good for asean ppvs..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^this comment made me wonder if ASEAN ppv engines are not made of metal

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Question lang sirs, bakit po hindi pa sikat ang CK-4 oils dito sa Pinas?

Most are using CJ-4 or even CI-4 sa casas (Isuzu uses CI-4 sa Dmax, Toyota TGMO 5w40 is CF rated I think).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    Question lang sirs, bakit po hindi pa sikat ang CK-4 oils dito sa Pinas?

Most are using CJ-4 or even CI-4 sa casas (Isuzu uses CI-4 sa Dmax, Toyota TGMO 5w40 is CF rated I think).
    manufacturers stick with their recommended oils. which vehicle in the market requires ck? wala naman siguro

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    manufacturers stick with their recommended oils. which vehicle in the market requires ck? wala naman siguro
    Those that has all those diesel emission reducing mechanisms like DPFs, SCR NOx and etc.. Alam ko meron nang DPFs yung recent diesels but I'm not sure about the others. Maybe the European diesels but I'm sure they've adapted it to our diesel quality here. I'm not even sure if all gas stations use Euro IV diesel fuel at all, with < 50ppm of sulfur.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    DENR requirement is euro4. API CK is for US market which is for more stringent emission requirements.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    DENR requirement is euro4. API CK is for US market which is for more stringent emission requirements.
    Is it actually being enforced on all gas stations (even lesser known ones)? I get my fix from a Caltex station here in Cainta that's way cheaper than those in highways. They told me they use Euro IV. But I'm just usually skeptical about everything.

And I'm about to say that JP makers go the 'tried and tested' route while the US auto makers go 'bleeding edge' route by having stricter tests and standards that come out every other year or so.

So they must be better, right?

I wouldn't put newer than CI4+ on my diesel since I don't have a dpf but still I keep thinking about having that 'better protection and fuel consumption' with these newer oils (well.. they require Euro V and VI fuels too but that's another matter).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^latest oil are always better than old oil..thats what the rating is for ..o better is the way to go

3rd world country is always behind in implementing stricter emission standards and embracing the benefits of what the latest oil can bring to the engine

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook C202SA using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kisshmet; December 8th, 2018 at 01:09 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^latest oil are always better than old oil..thats what the rating is for ..o better is the way to go

3rd world country is always behind in implementing stricter emission standards and embracing the benefits of what the latest oil can bring to the engine

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook C202SA using Tapatalk
    Yeah but good thing we have these importers who bring in that updated goodies... although in quarts, its annoying to buy an extra quart just to fill in that few extra hundred milliliters on the dipstick.

Have you actually used a CK-4 oil sir? How was it on your engine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast