New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi guys need po your help, im a newbie in automotive.

Pansin ko kasi ang bilis tumaas ng temp gauge ko. Kalalagay po palang ng water sa reserved tank and radiator taas nanaman sya habang umaandar ako, by the time naman I stop (idle) engine still on saka pa biglang mi lumabas na usok sa hood ko.

need po your recommendation on what to do in this scenario

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gobi View Post
    Hi guys need po your help, im a newbie in automotive.

Pansin ko kasi ang bilis tumaas ng temp gauge ko. Kalalagay po palang ng water sa reserved tank and radiator taas nanaman sya habang umaandar ako, by the time naman I stop (idle) engine still on saka pa biglang mi lumabas na usok sa hood ko.

need po your recommendation on what to do in this scenario

thanks in advance.

Smoke means an overheat condition. Its your cooling system reaching the pressure treshold and started discharging excess pressure (in the form of steam) thru the radiator cap. Try turning off the airconditioning system to kill the aux fan, if overheating gets worse it means your e-fan is not working.

Here are other possible cause of overheat:

Busted fuse/relay of the electric fan
    Defective thermoswitch - doesnot turn on the electric fan
    Thermostat stucked or not opening on OE specified temp
    Water pump not working
    You are not using a coolant. Water in the radiator should be wetter than a regular water.

If im in your shoes, id bring it to the mechanic to inspect and overhaul the entire cooling system before it do more complicated damage. After the overhaul, use the appropriate coolant to prevent corrosion. Corrosion is the most likely cause of water pump damage, incorrect thermoswitch reading, and stucked thermostat. - Or in other words, due to poor maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    yung lite ace ko naman nag ooverheat pag naka idle na matagal na naka on ang aircon

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sa liteacce longitudinal ang engine so ang cooling fan mo ay yung clutch-type.

Inspect the fan bka hindi na nag e-engage ang thermoclutch. Yung coolant, thermostat, rad cap dapat regularly chncheck din.

Kung during operation ng AC nag ooverheat baka yung aux fan ng aircon mosa harap hindi na ganun kabilis umikot.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for all the replies mga sir. my technician already check and found na mi butas from the gasket hose and need to overhaul radiator.

would you know the cost of the gasket hose and cost of radiator overhaul?

thanks

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^mura lang yan. depende din sa ride. huwag kang papa-overhaul sa tabi-tabi.
    dito ka sa DANTE'S RADIATOR SHOP sa may A. Bonfiacio Caloocan lang yan. as recommended by our tsikoteers! Shop yan at mababait ang mga tao.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for the feedback.

right now my radiator is working fine. One thing i notice since it was repaired last Tuesday, I did not use the car but when I check radiator today the tank was empty. Thus it mean there is still a leak or just a normal evaporation due to i only use water in radiator?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Sa liteacce longitudinal ang engine so ang cooling fan mo ay yung clutch-type.

Inspect the fan bka hindi na nag e-engage ang thermoclutch. Yung coolant, thermostat, rad cap dapat regularly chncheck din.

Kung during operation ng AC nag ooverheat baka yung aux fan ng aircon mosa harap hindi na ganun kabilis umikot.
    isa lang ung gumagana na aux fan sir

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    thanks for the feedback.

right now my radiator is working fine. One thing i notice since it was repaired last Tuesday, I did not use the car but when I check radiator today the tank was empty. Thus it mean there is still a leak or just a normal evaporation due to i only use water in radiator?
    Pa check mo uli yun leak sa ibang lugar. Kailangan mainit yun engine para makita yun "basa". Malakas tumulo iyan pag tumatakbo na kotse.

Nakakasira ng engine ang umusok na engine sa hood. Kulay itim ba yun smoke? Pa change oil ka kaagad. Mag iiba viscosity ng engine oil at sisirain yun cylinder block mo. Nangyari na sa akin iyan. Sakit sa bulsa ang change engine.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks for the feedback.

find a shop that is equipped with a cooling system pressure tester. the system might be leak free but maybe the "mechanic" forgot to bleed the cooling system and whatever coolant had been installed settled down as it filled up all the low lying cavities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need help, my car overheat