New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    people!

in an AT, would it cause any harm on the engine if you aggressively step on your gas to accelerate in a flash with your RMP reaching 5k-6k?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang iyan. The tranny knows when to shift. Ginagawa ko yan sa Sentra ng kapatid ko.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    nakakatuwa kasi yung tunog ng engine pag nag-aaccelerate ka ng ganun... para kang nasa race track... :wink: just dont forget to buckle up! :wink:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Masaya nga. Lalo na kung sumisigaw na ang mga sakay mo. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    at nakahawak na sa mga seatbelts nila at nanginginig! har har har!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    but seriously... it wont cause any trouble ha... like may masirang part or whatever???

:?: :wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    okay lang iyan ma'am sHoCkAbSoRbEr...bilis mo pala magmaneho...ako lagi ko ginagawa iyan kapag nasa C5 na ako :mrgreen: ...basta maluwag na daan at safe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hindi naman po... :wink:

nung galing nga ko sa inyo sa sobrang antok ko at tinatamad na magdrive pauwi, nag skyway na ko at dun medyo nag enjoy ako mag drive... :wink:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No problem will arise from redlining your car since most new cars have a rev limiter to cut-off the fun should you go overboard on the RPMs.

On older cars, redlining and sudden downshifting (or anything that can give a sudden surge of power to the engine componenets) can damage some components like the A/C compressor or the water pump (worn out/deteriorated because of age/mileage). That's why it a good practice to sometimes turn off the AC switch when you plan to do some hard driving.

Of course, make sure you do this in the proper road conditions and situations as well.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yup! that's what i'm doing... i switch off the A/C before speeding para full force... kala ko wala lang yun... nakakatulong din pala...

yup, be a defensive driver at all times... :wink:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
nearly hitting the RPM redline