New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    My ride:
    Kia Besta 1998 - 2.2L diesel engine
    Mileage - 117km

My problem: I notice a bit more smoke when the fuel level drops to 1/4 tank capacity. My fuel is Shell V-power Nitro Diesel.

My question - What kind of problem do you suspect I might have and what should I have checked?

Regards - Dlv

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Have you tried adding 2T sir? Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When was the last time you changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter, and air filter?

Also,use of vpower and turbo diesel is almost a waste of money for old school diesel engine. Use "cleaner" diesel nalang like seaoil or unioil coupled with 2t

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    fuel tank nyo sir baka po madumi na.... nakakasip ng dirty fuel kaya pag 1/4 tank nalang dirty fuel na ang nasusunog.... check nyo po fuel filter.... or replace it with a new one, then after 2 weeks or 350kms. inspect it again kung madumi na agad kahit kunti or dark na color agad ng fuel, it means its time to pull down your fuel tank for cleaning....

hmm parang i notice this problem also.. pag malapit na mag empty yung diesel ko.
    1994 pickup gamit ko, try ko rin mag palinis ng fuel tank

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^usually, dirt, contaminants and foreign substances in diesel fuel or any other fuel settles at the bottom of its container, in this case the fuel tank. Make sure to AVOID having less than a quarter of fuel in the tank for this will have many implications on your engine,.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    Have you tried adding 2T sir? Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel
    Yes I did try 2T a few months ago. I did not get the improvements noticed by the rest so I am back to using that biodiesel additive from Chemrez. I put two (2x500ml) per tank and smoke is less, power is better and engine runs a bit quieter.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks, will try seaoil or unioil. I really had the idea that the more expensive fuels of petron and shell will smoke less ...