New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hello fellow tsikoters!

First, sorry kung sa wrong section ako nag post, pa move na lang po nito if ever mali. Thanks!

May ginagawa ako school project ngayon, it is a car troubleshooter for s60/java phones. Yes, meron na nag e-exist na ganito pero either trial lang sila or for smart phones only.

This is how the system will work.
    1. The user will start the program
    2. The user will then start the troubleshooting
    3. The system will then ask a series of question that will be answerable by Yes/No
    4. After answering the questions, the system will then compute for the probability to give the specific cause of the problem, i.e. nag overheat ang engine. Kung hindi man ma determine ng system ang specific problem, i.e. umiikot lang sa engine problem, then magbibigay ng common problems about engine ang system.
    5. The system will then give a step-by-step solution for the users either of the following format (text, images or video). *pero yung video baka maging applicable lang doon sa complicated na problems*

at meron din option para ma view yung common problems so that hindi na need ng user dumaan sa troubleshooting.

Other feature:
    Speed dialing - may emergency number na predefine , e.g. towing service, call a family member or your most reliable friend

I am already and still reading different threads here in tsikot. I don't own a car, so kung ano man yung nababasa ko dito, wala ako experience kahit alin sa kanila. I will base my common car problem categories from this thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29335

Help me guys and gals, gusto ko kasi most of the contents manggagaling sa tsikoters since i trust your experiences and knowledge. Once in beta stage, I'll be releasing it here in tsikot so you can evaluate the system. Unlike any other school projects of mine, I'll still continue developing this project since I think it will be helpful not just for me but also for everyone who needs a quick reference for troubleshooting their car.

Feel free to leave your message comments, suggestions or clarifications.

Thank you!

-culman6

To start off, ano una niyo chini-check kapag ayaw mag start ang kotse from idle position? e.g. from garage or from parking lot

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    to get a quick answer ,sit down with a skilled auto tech that you know and ask for all the questions that you have in mind and what else can he add to your project and you will be surprised how deep he is ,and for sure he will appreciate what you 've just been into.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by culman6 View Post
    Hello fellow tsikoters!

First, sorry kung sa wrong section ako nag post, pa move na lang po nito if ever mali. Thanks!

May ginagawa ako school project ngayon, it is a car troubleshooter for s60/java phones. Yes, meron na nag e-exist na ganito pero either trial lang sila or for smart phones only.

This is how the system will work.
    1. The user will start the program
    2. The user will then start the troubleshooting
    3. The system will then ask a series of question that will be answerable by Yes/No
    4. After answering the questions, the system will then compute for the probability to give the specific cause of the problem, i.e. nag overheat ang engine. Kung hindi man ma determine ng system ang specific problem, i.e. umiikot lang sa engine problem, then magbibigay ng common problems about engine ang system.
    5. The system will then give a step-by-step solution for the users either of the following format (text, images or video). *pero yung video baka maging applicable lang doon sa complicated na problems*

at meron din option para ma view yung common problems so that hindi na need ng user dumaan sa troubleshooting.

Other feature:
    Speed dialing - may emergency number na predefine , e.g. towing service, call a family member or your most reliable friend

I am already and still reading different threads here in tsikot. I don't own a car, so kung ano man yung nababasa ko dito, wala ako experience kahit alin sa kanila. I will base my common car problem categories from this thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29335

Help me guys and gals, gusto ko kasi most of the contents manggagaling sa tsikoters since i trust your experiences and knowledge. Once in beta stage, I'll be releasing it here in tsikot so you can evaluate the system. Unlike any other school projects of mine, I'll still continue developing this project since I think it will be helpful not just for me but also for everyone who needs a quick reference for troubleshooting their car.

Feel free to leave your message comments, suggestions or clarifications.

Thank you!

-culman6

To start off, ano una niyo chini-check kapag ayaw mag start ang kotse from idle position? e.g. from garage or from parking lot

for your 1st question: didnt start,check the car battery.......
    and I agree with sir bambino sit down with a auto tech.
    just my 1 cent.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Just asking, what course are you taking? You have to get a lot of information/ data to input that into your device. Besides, you have to access various service manuals from different vehicle models which is quite difficult to obtain from car manufacturers. Otherwise you have to purchase digital files such as Auto Data, Chilton, Mitchell from abroad which is expensive.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tama si nickriingen. Try to read one service manual and you will have a good idea on what questions to ask and the solutions as well.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    First, sorry for the late response. I've been busy designing and programming the system.

*sir bambino and gillian - thank you for the suggestion sir!

*sir nickriingen - I'm taking BS IT sir. Uhm, I'll try to do what you were suggesting since it is somehow difficult for me right now to have that kind of resources since I'm still an undergraduate student. For now, I'll just go for the common car problems that can occur in different cars regardless of their manufacturers/models.

*sir 4JGtootsie - yup I'll try. But for now, I'll just talk with a car technician, since what I'm developing is like an expert system already.

Anyways, here is a beta version of the system. For now, it does not have any troubleshoot function of the system that will ask the user some troubleshooting questions. The information are not yet complete and I guess you should expect bugs.

The system should work fine in s60/Java phones with CLDC-1.1 and MIDP-2.0 features with a 240x320 resolution. Tested on my N82.

Link: http://cid-e5cb72cacdd1f514.skydrive...ublic/dist.rar

Please scan first before opening.

Comments, Suggestions or Clarifications are all welcome.

-culman6