New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I wanted to try Toyota Synthetic Blend 15w50 for the next oil change ... Currently using Mobil Super 1000 15w40 Multigrade oil ..

Reason I wanted to try the toyota brand because its rated as 15w50 while the equivalent Mobil Super 2000 Semi-Synthetic is 10w40 ....

Some say that Toyota oil is a rebranded Mobil oil ...

How much of a difference there is between a 15w50 & a 10w40 .. I'm not after the winter numbers because we are in a tropical country ... Mas importante sa akin yung last numbers which are 50 vs 40 ....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Afaik even the best Mobil 1 oils are now group 3 hydrocracked, compared to group 4/5 oils made by Royal Purple, Redline, Amsoil and Motul.

I'm not even sure if the particular oil you mentioned is hydrocracked, it might be group 3 straight up dino oil.

If it is cheap, it's ok, but if it is priced higher than 200+/liter there are a lot of better alternatives out there. Motul, considered to be one of the top oils retails for around 600/liter.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont know if this is true, for i do not want the trouble of checking out.

Toyota's FS Oil daw is thicker, viscosity is at the equivalent of Shell's mineral. Tapos advice nila is one year ang change oil intervals. So if you are using an equivalent of mineral, tapos papalitan mo every year, kawawa engine mo.

Sinabi lang sa akin ito ng Customer's Cradle Shell kung saan ako nagpapa change oil.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i dont know if this is true, for i do not want the trouble of checking out.

Toyota's FS Oil daw is thicker, viscosity is at the equivalent of Shell's mineral. Tapos advice nila is one year ang change oil intervals. So if you are using an equivalent of mineral, tapos papalitan mo every year, kawawa engine mo.

Sinabi lang sa akin ito ng Customer's Cradle Shell kung saan ako nagpapa change oil.
    may kakilala kami bro na service manager ng toyota na nag retire, Havoline ang FS oil ng toyota. Caltex products ang gamit nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    may kakilala kami bro na service manager ng toyota na nag retire, Havoline ang FS oil ng toyota. Caltex products ang gamit nila.
    its true, caltex is the supplier of oil and fuel products of Toyota motors Philippines (special thanks for vios club of the Philippines for organizing the plant tour)

read the users manual, follow the specifications indicated there, engineers did not waste time just to figure out what to write there which they are legally liable if incorrect...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Metrobank Group (TMBC, Abad Santos) uses Amalie Oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Afaik even the best Mobil 1 oils are now group 3 hydrocracked, compared to group 4/5 oils made by Royal Purple, Redline, Amsoil and Motul.

I'm not even sure if the particular oil you mentioned is hydrocracked, it might be group 3 straight up dino oil.

If it is cheap, it's ok, but if it is priced higher than 200+/liter there are a lot of better alternatives out there. Motul, considered to be one of the top oils retails for around 600/liter.
    New mobil1 fully synthetic oil in the usa is or will be using a similar base oil as shell helix ultra. Its grp3+

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    *Stockengine
    Yup, bro that's what I thought. Even the mighty Delvac 1 is also now from group 3 base stock. IMHO expensive for what you get. Among the group 3 "synthetic" diesel oils, Shell Rotella T6 from the US consistently gets great UOA results from BITOGers. Cheaper too. I'm still sticking to Amsoil/Motul since my daily driver is modded. Not cost effective but I really feel the difference in group 3 vs 4/5 specially when the oil is used longer.

TS: What car do you plan using it on?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    15w50? Meron ka ba hahatakin at ano klase kotse mo gagamtin?

Napakalapot nyan.

Sa mga kotse na naglalabasan nyayon 5w30 at 10w30 ang maganda gamitin.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    15w50? Meron ka ba hahatakin at ano klase kotse mo gagamtin?

Napakalapot nyan.

Sa mga kotse na naglalabasan nyayon 5w30 at 10w30 ang maganda gamitin.
    I'm using an old AE101 Corolla GLi 1.6 4afe engine .. The rated oil for this engine as per research on the internet is a 15w40-10w40 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast