New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 655 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Previously, I only use fully synthetic diesel engine oils on my rig. Per the thread by dvldoc ("adding 2T oil sa diesel fuel"), he mentions that 2T synthetic oils leave deposits sa combustion chambers. That's why he's recommending to use mineral 2T oils only.

By the same reasoning, I switched to mineral diesel engine oils. Why?

Normally, blowby gases/oily vapors from the engine are recirculated through the turbo, to the intercooler then go back to the combustion chamber to be re-burned. So kung synthetic ang engine oil mo, me possibility na it will leave deposits sa combustion chambers after undergoing the above cycle since synthetic oils cannot be fully combusted.

So using synthetic oils might not be a good idea, UNLESS you are using an oil catch can which traps the blowby gases/oily vapors before they reach the turbo and the combustion chambers. An oil catch can (OCC) is also a good add-on to your vehicle even if you're just running mineral oil. The OCC will keep your turbo and intercooler clean from traces of engine oil.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ great insights sir

isip lang ako kung ang installation ng occ nakaka-void ng warranty sa mga baguahang rigs

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    Previously, I only use fully synthetic diesel engine oils on my rig. Per the thread by dvldoc ("adding 2T oil sa diesel fuel"), he mentions that 2T synthetic oils leave deposits sa combustion chambers. That's why he's recommending to use mineral 2T oils only.

By the same reasoning, I switched to mineral diesel engine oils. Why?

Normally, blowby gases/oily vapors from the engine are recirculated through the turbo, to the intercooler then go back to the combustion chamber to be re-burned. So kung synthetic ang engine oil mo, me possibility na it will leave deposits sa combustion chambers after undergoing the above cycle since synthetic oils cannot be fully combusted.

So using synthetic oils might not be a good idea, UNLESS you are using an oil catch can which traps the blowby gases/oily vapors before they reach the turbo and the combustion chambers. An oil catch can (OCC) is also a good add-on to your vehicle even if you're just running mineral oil. The OCC will keep your turbo and intercooler clean from traces of engine oil.
    Thanks sir. napaisip ako sa post mo medyo technical na. Got to do more research on this.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Which is better mobil delvac 1 or mobil tdt? Tia

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Ako masaya na ako sa Zic. Fleet namin naka Zic + baldwin/bosch combo na lahat.
    *cb - sir san pa po nakakabili ng zic up 10w40?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hachooro View Post
    *cb - sir san pa po nakakabili ng zic up 10w40?
    check at **************

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I use mineral oils in my cars (20W-50) like Castrol GTX, wether new or old ones. Here's why . . . follow the link below

Car Bibles : The Engine Oil Bible

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    I use mineral oils in my cars (20W-50) like Castrol GTX, wether new or old ones. Here's why . . . follow the link below

Car Bibles : The Engine Oil Bible

Very informative. Thanks sir for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by benjie413 View Post
    Which is better mobil delvac 1 or mobil tdt? Tia
    Mobil Delvac 1 if you use a high quality oil filter that can extend your COI to 20,000kms or 1 year. Too costly for 5,000kms or even 10,000kms COI IMO. Ideal also if you're car is a luxury/european or powerful SUV.

Mobil1 TDT can easily do 10,000kms change oil interval eh.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mobil Delvac 1 if you use a high quality oil filter that can extend your COI to 20,000kms or 1 year. Too costly for 5,000kms or even 10,000kms COI IMO. Ideal also if you're car is a luxury/european or powerful SUV.

Mobil1 TDT can easily do 10,000kms change oil interval eh.
    Rt, diba ang delvac 1 ay mineral oil while TDT is fully synthetic?

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?