New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 51 of 616 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 6158
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,267
    #501
    Quote Originally Posted by chicri View Post
    Ano po kaya ok na oil para sa gasoline mitsu 4b11 2.0? kakatapos lang ng 1k pms ko so nilagay nila is mitsu turbo xp gusto ko sana palitan pag 5k na. Driving it everyday to work via slex to makati pag weekends naman pacavite. Binabasa ko manual nung car daming oil na pwede (based on viscosity) hindi ako makapili kasi wala pa ako alam masyado about oil. Thanks guys.
    afaik, basta within the oil spec na nakasulat sa manual at ang change oil ay nasa required interval, kahit anung oil pwede (wag lang yung peke na lumalabas).

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    172
    #502
    Quote Originally Posted by chicri View Post
    Ano po kaya ok na oil para sa gasoline mitsu 4b11 2.0? kakatapos lang ng 1k pms ko so nilagay nila is mitsu turbo xp gusto ko sana palitan pag 5k na. Driving it everyday to work via slex to makati pag weekends naman pacavite. Binabasa ko manual nung car daming oil na pwede (based on viscosity) hindi ako makapili kasi wala pa ako alam masyado about oil. Thanks guys.
    The turbo XP crap. You should have sticked with the mineral oil in your 1k pms since the engine is in break-in period pa. Mineral oil is better suited during break-ins. I suggest you change it back to mineral oil. Change it to synthetics na lang once you've reached 10k. I dont like your SA, he should have known better.

    And the turbo Xp is just a repacked Mitsu oil. There are lots of better oil out there.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    45
    #503
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    afaik, basta within the oil spec na nakasulat sa manual at ang change oil ay nasa required interval, kahit anung oil pwede (wag lang yung peke na lumalabas).
    Sabi kasi sa manual depende sa temperature? I'm wondering kung ok mag 5W-30 or 10W-40...

    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    The turbo XP crap. You should have sticked with the mineral oil in your 1k pms since the engine is in break-in period pa. Mineral oil is better suited during break-ins. I suggest you change it back to mineral oil. Change it to synthetics na lang once you've reached 10k. I dont like your SA, he should have known better.

    And the turbo Xp is just a repacked Mitsu oil. There are lots of better oil out there.
    Will keep that in mind sir. I have done some googling wala ako makitang spec nung turbo xp -_- When I reach 5k will change back to mineral oil. May suggestion po ba kayo sa brand and viscosity ng mineral oil? Dont know kung ako lang nakafeel nito. parang hina humatak ng mineral oil when i was at 500km. After the 1k pms ko ok na yung hatak. Salamat ulit sa inputs.

    Sabi sakin dun sa thread ng lancer gta liquimoly daw or RP. Naghanap din ako ng magandang oil sa net sabi Mobil 1 0W40 ata ok. Daming options... Of course I only want the best to protect my investment.

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    172
    #504
    Mobil 1, Liquimoly and RP are good oils. My brother uses Motul Htec (API- SN) 5w-30 in his 4b11.

    Difference in temperature of the 30 and 40 weight wont matter much, the engine is new naman kaya 30 would be fine.

    You can afford it naman so why not. Turbo XPs are crap, even mitsulancerph can attest to that.

    The practice is to use mineral oil til 5k kms, you can google it so you may understand better.

  5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    Difference in temperature of the 30 and 40 weight wont matter much, the engine is new naman kaya 30 would be fine.

    .
    If you check the chart below, at high temperatures, 40 can go beyond what 30 can do.


  6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    172
    #506
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    If you check the chart below, at high temperatures, 40 can go beyond what 30 can do.

    I understand. But the engineers would think twice about recommending the 30 weight if its to mean harm right?

    In real world, even in this climate of ours switching from 40 to 30 or vice versa are like changing your shoes to slippers after coming home from work.

  7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #507
    Just by looking at the chart, the kind of temperatures that is reached in our kind of traffic is way beyond what weight 30 can handle.

    As for me I want protection for my engine, so its either 40 or 50 for me.

    PS: I came from 30 and now using 40. At room temperature, 30 flows like water. 40, OTOH, is like syrup. Now imagine their viscosity, if both are heated up. I wouldn't want a 30 in the kind of heat of our traffic.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    172
    #508
    ^I agree with everything you said. Temperature at the engine bay is way more hotter too.

    But it really depends on the users preference. For the expedition and old explorers, 40 weight is already thick for them na so 30 is the way to go (even 20 in US).

    its true 40 offers better protection than the 30, i dont deny it. Im using 40 weight oil on my gf's 08 Altis as well.

  9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #509
    Its also better to follow what viscosity range specified by the vehicle's manual. That and as you said, user's preference as well.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    #510
    Thanks for taking the time to reply to my query Erol.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?