New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 655 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Not necessarily. SM or SL are better in terms of engine protection due to their higher zinc and potassium contents.
    engine oil pala is one of those that "newer is not necessarily better"

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    engine oil pala is one of those that "newer is not necessarily better"
    Yup, it depends upon the car and its requirements.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sa Honda EK ko yung delo ultra. Dapat pala nag d400 na lang ako kasi hindi naman sophisticated catalytic nun.

Buti na lang yung Honda FD, sl din.

Hindi ko pwede gamtin delo 400 sa fd dahil mataas zinc?
    Last edited by tomboy; August 4th, 2012 at 07:24 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    ^ bukod sa viscosity rating, check also the API rating -- should be SN
    how about iyong zinc/phosphorous? ano ba ang acceptable content dapat?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    how about iyong zinc/phosphorous? ano ba ang acceptable content dapat?
    Zinc dapat mga 1200ppm lang sana. Phosphorus okay lang kahit mataas pero usually nasa 800-1100 lng naman yan kahit sa diesel oil pa so not much concern for gas engines.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ hmmm...ang nakalagay kasi dun sa spec sheet .083 ang zinc tapos .076 ang phosphorous.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post

Hindi ko pwede gamtin delo 400 sa fd dahil mataas zinc?
    Detergents in the 400 are good protection for the engine but bad for the catalytic converter (due to the high level of zinc and phosphorus). Zinc and phosphorus provide good protection to the engine but its bad for the environment. If you want to keep things in order, don't use it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I can't believe how incredibly knowledgeable people in this forum are! this is the reason I joined, to know more about how to maintain my car.

Tanong ko lang po, I have a 2007 Innova G 2.2L Gas MT, when doing oil changes ang ginagawa ko lang lagi ay bumili ng oil filter sa toyota balintawak at bumili ng mineral oil nila.

I do not use my ride too often, cguro mga 2-3 days in a week lang na short city drives, and siguro minsan a long drive to Tarlac once every 4-6 months.

As I read earlier in the thread, I think that was from sir Shadow, sa ganitong profile ng driving, better mag mineral na lang kasi hindi naman ganun kataas mileage/ time ko. Or would it still be better to use fully synth tapos mas madalang ko na lang po palitan?

What mineral oil and synthetic oil with the best value for cost would you recommend? What oil filter would you recommend? Im thinking kasi na Toyota might be good with cars, but other companies are better with lubricants. or should I just stick to Toyota parts and oil? Thank you in advance guys

And sha nga pala additional query po: paano malalaman ng noob like me kung may sludge build-up? I always use flushing every oil change. would that help or make things worse?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sbayhon View Post
    I can't believe how incredibly knowledgeable people in this forum are! this is the reason I joined, to know more about how to maintain my car.

Tanong ko lang po, I have a 2007 Innova G 2.2L Gas MT, when doing oil changes ang ginagawa ko lang lagi ay bumili ng oil filter sa toyota balintawak at bumili ng mineral oil nila.

I do not use my ride too often, cguro mga 2-3 days in a week lang na short city drives, and siguro minsan a long drive to Tarlac once every 4-6 months.

As I read earlier in the thread, I think that was from sir Shadow, sa ganitong profile ng driving, better mag mineral na lang kasi hindi naman ganun kataas mileage/ time ko. Or would it still be better to use fully synth tapos mas madalang ko na lang po palitan?

What mineral oil and synthetic oil with the best value for cost would you recommend? What oil filter would you recommend? Im thinking kasi na Toyota might be good with cars, but other companies are better with lubricants. or should I just stick to Toyota parts and oil? Thank you in advance guys

And sha nga pala additional query po: paano malalaman ng noob like me kung may sludge build-up? I always use flushing every oil change. would that help or make things worse?
    First off, the/your Innova is only 2.0, i owned one before.

Choosing between oil types depend on your preferences and budget.

If you've back read already, there are numerous list of oils here from mineral, semi-synth to fully synth. You did a fine a job by using oem filter instead of VICs (there are better filters out there), IIRC though, the casa uses 20w-50 mineral oil, 30 and 40 weight oil is preferred (check your manual) for better efficiency and response.

About the sludge, im not so sure, maybe if you take a peek in the oil filler cap? Removing the engine valve cover will give you a better view.

I dont do flashing, just the regular draining.

For the filters, lots of members here will vouch for the Baldwins, Fleetguard, Wix, Purolators or if you cant find any of them, there's Bosch.

For the oils, back read ka konti and you'll see the vast options you have.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ano po kaya ok na oil para sa gasoline mitsu 4b11 2.0? kakatapos lang ng 1k pms ko so nilagay nila is mitsu turbo xp gusto ko sana palitan pag 5k na. Driving it everyday to work via slex to makati pag weekends naman pacavite. Binabasa ko manual nung car daming oil na pwede (based on viscosity) hindi ako makapili kasi wala pa ako alam masyado about oil. Thanks guys.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?