New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    4AF engine? 5000km or 3 months whichever comes first..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    4AF engine? 5000km or 3 months whichever comes first..

4afe sir .. 4af is the carburetor version and 4afe is EFI ..

Kahit ba Fully Synthetic gamit na oil sir, 5000kms or 3 months pa rin ??

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    3L capacity? change oil every 6mo with semi synthetic...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    So if fully synthetic, ilang months bago magpalit ??? Hindi ko kasi abot ang 10,000 kilometers in one year ... Ayaw ko naman maghintay ng 2 years para maabot ang 10,000kms ...
    Fully synthetic is 12 months or 10,000 km.

I extended mine to 15 months. Less than 3,000 km travelled. Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    I have a 2002 Honda city clocking 110K kilometers in the ODO. Regular office guy who only consume 3k a year of distance. I use semi-synthetic that is suppose to be regularly replace every 6 months or 5k kms. but I religiously did for the past years yearly replacement and seems the engine is not complaining and still performing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    They say, Fully Synthetic is better at heat protection and Extended Drain Intervals ..

The Heat Protection can benefit any type of driving conditions.
    Extended Drain Intervals can only benefit those who are frequently out of the City or Fleets because they easily achieve the 5000kms/3months interval which is a hassle for some so they chose Fully Synthetic to change it every 10,000kms ...

But what about the ordinary office guy who can't get 10,000 kms in a year but still wanted to use synthetic for the heat protection reason .. Ofcourse I don't wanna wait 2 years to achieve 10,000 kms before changing oil ...

So what's the proper drain interval for Semi-Synthetics & Fully-Synthetics using months instead of kilometers ??

If:

Mineral Oil = every 3months/5,000kms

What months should Semi & Fully be drain & change ???

Semi-Synthetic = ????/7,000kms

Fully-Synthetic = ????/10,000kms

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Mineral, SS, FS. It's all so confusing.

Went and spoke with actual oil guys and they dropped some knowledge on me. Long story short story (kasi beer daw bayad ko para sa lessons) the term FS as we know if is basically just marketing. What counts as "synthetics" really? Different guys have differential opinions. Best gauge so far is base oil classification (group 1,2,3,4 or 5).

There's tons if info out there. There's even that case where Mobil sued Castrol because of all this - should crude oil, when processed enough, be counted as "synthetic oil"?

Gulo. So after multiple rounds of beer, my standard for me is that, for me to accept something as FS, it has to be a group 4 or 5 base (PAO, esters, etc). Please don't sell me something that's called FS that uses group 3.

The whole conversation about SS can be summed up in a statement that stuck with me - "cguro naman lahat nang pinoy may dugong kastila - e di lahat tayo pwede nang tawagin na "semi-spanish" 😂

------------------------------------------
    Stay hungry. Stay humble.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stayhungry View Post

Went and spoke with actual oil guys and they dropped some knowledge on me. Long story short story (kasi beer daw bayad ko para sa lessons) the term FS as we know if is basically just marketing. What counts as "synthetics" really? Different guys have differential opinions. Best gauge so far is base oil classification (group 1,2,3,4 or 5).

There's tons if info out there. There's even that case where Mobil sued Castrol because of all this - should crude oil, when processed enough, be counted as "synthetic oil"?

Gulo. So after multiple rounds of beer, my standard for me is that, for me to accept something as FS, it has to be a group 4 or 5 base (PAO, esters, etc). Please don't sell me something that's called FS that uses group 3.

The whole conversation about SS can be summed up in a statement that stuck with me - "cguro naman lahat nang pinoy may dugong kastila - e di lahat tayo pwede nang tawagin na "semi-spanish" 😂

guess which oils(and base oils) are approved by ferrari for their road cars (non track)

by the way its not about base oils. if you buy oil look at the labels and your owner manuals.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stayhungry View Post

Mobil 1 except for the extended performance belongs to Group 3. Afaik, Redline, Royal Purple and Motul 300v are group 4.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    guess which oils(and base oils) are approved by ferrari for their road cars (non track)

by the way its not about base oils. if you buy oil look at the labels and your owner manuals.

Agreed. Check you manual then check the label on a reputable brand and you should be golden.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Mobil 1 except for the extended performance belongs to Group 3. Afaik, Redline, Royal Purple and Motul 300v are group 4.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Sounds about right. I think most of the stuff from Caltex and petron aren't group 4 not sure about shell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast