New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    First,
    Change your shop to a competent one.
    Second,
    Have a scan and if possible, have a snapshot picture or printout of the Freeze Frame data.
    Third,
    Avoid jumping into conclusion and start replacing parts without proper DIAGNOSIS, not guesses.

This maybe a temporary condition of moist or wet ignition from the inclement weather
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; August 13th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    First,
    Change your shop to a competent one.
    Second,
    Have a scan and if possible, have a snapshot picture or printout of the Freeze Frame data.
    Third,
    Avoid jumping into conclusion and start replacing parts without proper DIAGNOSIS, not guesses.

This maybe a temporary condition of moist or wet ignition from the inclement weather
    I had it scan and now ihave a Check engine light which is always on... and a second problem which arrives while driving the misfire blinking check engine...

There is no mazda center here in batangas province and i cant bring it far due to the condition and its misfiring even at idle...

Scanned code are P2817 and P0301

Changed 4 pcs spark plugs and still the same...
    Ignition coil checked and swapped still no improvement...
    Cleaned maf sensor still the same...

Now they are changing the fuel filter and i hope its the solution...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeyan View Post
    I had it scan and now ihave a Check engine light which is always on... and a second problem which arrives while driving the misfire blinking check engine...

There is no mazda center here in batangas province and i cant bring it far due to the condition and its misfiring even at idle...

Scanned code are P2817 and P0301

Changed 4 pcs spark plugs and still the same...
    Ignition coil checked and swapped still no improvement...
    Cleaned maf sensor still the same...

Now they are changing the fuel filter and i hope its the solution...

Perhaps you mean P0301 and P02187 . Listen to the injector clicking on 1 and compare with 2,3 and 4 using a stethoscope

4. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Perhaps you mean P0301 and P02187 . Listen to the injector clicking on 1 and compare with 2,3 and 4 using a stethoscope
    do you mean the fuel injector?

I think the problem is the o2 sensor because now my catalytic converter is now starting to have bad noise. Its like im driving a jeepney when im accelerating.

Also the mechanic said this 02 is the problem of my said model most of the times.

Is it a good idea to open the catalytic and remove all the molten parts inside? this is the advice of the mechanic to avoid changing it a new one which cost really big.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The HO2S is not the cause of the misfire but will give you diagnostic trouble codes, cause the malfunction indicator light to illuminate or make your MIL to blink. If the misfire reaches a treshold that is a potential to damage the catalytic converter, it will blink

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    The HO2S is not the cause of the misfire but will give you diagnostic trouble codes, cause the malfunction indicator light to illuminate or make your MIL to blink. If the misfire reaches a treshold that is a potential to damage the catalytic converter, it will blink
    So it means that im on the right track? that it is the 02 sensor causing the problem? and now it damaged my catalytic?

but the misfire is caused by something else if i'm understanding you correctly?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    So it means that im on the right track? that it is the 02 sensor causing the problem? and now it damaged my catalytic?

but the misfire is caused by something else if i'm understanding you correctly?

The HO2S was not the cause of the misfire. As a result of an impending misfire, the HO2S will report abnormal oxygen levels in the exhaust gases and continued misfire sets a DTC. If the misfire is severe, that's when the MIL flashes to prompt you to shut down or limit running the engine to prevent catcon damage.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Is it a good idea to open the catalytic and remove all the molten parts inside? this is the advice of the mechanic to avoid changing it a new one which cost really big.
    Molten parts? WTF, where did you find that mechanic?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I'm driving expressway at speed of 80kph then suddenly i felt a bit of sudden lose of power and RPM dropping a little then my Check Engine Light started blinking. Then it was gone after 5 mins. Then it happened again when i was going uphill and gone again after few minutes. Next day i brought it for scan and they said they cannot scan because the engine light should be on for them to have a reading. They checked the spark plugs and said they are fine.

Does anyone here know what's the problem of my mazda 3 2005 model? when driving in city it doesnt happen due to my driving mild. But sometimes when idle my engine is behaving differently like it's shaking a little bit for few seconds.
    hi po

good day po, ask lang ako. at this year 2018 ok pa po ba bumili ng 2009 mazda 3 or 2006 tribute
    plan ko po kc pag uwi nag tingin tingin na din ako sa mga forum dito, bout sa dalawang (2) unit na to
    gamitin ko pang service kapag bakasyon salamat po.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    The HO2S was not the cause of the misfire. As a result of an impending misfire, the HO2S will report abnormal oxygen levels in the exhaust gases and continued misfire sets a DTC. If the misfire is severe, that's when the MIL flashes to prompt you to shut down or limit running the engine to prevent catcon damage.
    So maybe it has something to do with the fuel injector or ignition coil that causes the misfires? I want to fix the misfire first before fixing the catalytic...

There is no good mechanic here in batangas i think...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast