New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Congrats!

I don't think you have any issues with your fuel system... issues with the pump will usually show up as white smoke and hesitation.

Man... I haven't heard from any other owners of CRDis past 200,000 kms yet. That's got to be a record!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    I was due for a 205,000km PMS so I decided to have the unit inspected in the casa. Compression was fine and so was the injector (although it's probably on its last legs so to speak) so I asked them to check up on the EGR quickly before they could say "Ok naman po ang ECU readings sir."

Lo and behold, it was a mess. They cleaned it up, had the muffler/tailpipe sprayed with water and after some "belching" on the initial start-up, she was back to the Matrix of old: smokeless. They also told me to try refueling up on other gasoline stations and have her run at 3k+ rpm on NLEX just to blurt out the remaining gunk.

So far so good, until I get the time to have a "second" opinion. Sheesh, and to think that I was tempted to buy one of those fuel injector cleaner/fuel system treatment snake oils. Would have done more harm than good.

Thanks for those who've responded. I'll update if the belching comes back and if I find out the cause behind the EGR build-up.
    Nice to hear that sir. Now I remember what car that the problem was egr as per my previous post, it was kia carens with crdi engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    The traffic here can also cause the exhaust system to get a build up of soot, from so much idling. Give the vehicle a good hard rev for a few minutes will often help dislodge this soot (you will get lots of smoke initially but its actually the soot being dislodged and blown out) and help clean up the emissions.
    Our workshop in Mandaluyong could also help if the problem is more serious.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi I am new to this forum , I also have a Matrix which was subjected to Ondoy. The problem now is that at 30-40kph or if you push accelarator hard the engine shuts down. It also has that "sulphuric" smell during idling. Could this also be an EGR problem? can the ECU detect this and shut down engine? The engine starts up again but the same problem keeps recurring. Hope you can help. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    I was due for a 205,000km PMS so I decided to have the unit inspected in the casa. Compression was fine and so was the injector (although it's probably on its last legs so to speak) so I asked them to check up on the EGR quickly before they could say "Ok naman po ang ECU readings sir."

Lo and behold, it was a mess. They cleaned it up, had the muffler/tailpipe sprayed with water and after some "belching" on the initial start-up, she was back to the Matrix of old: smokeless. They also told me to try refueling up on other gasoline stations and have her run at 3k+ rpm on NLEX just to blurt out the remaining gunk.

So far so good, until I get the time to have a "second" opinion. Sheesh, and to think that I was tempted to buy one of those fuel injector cleaner/fuel system treatment snake oils. Would have done more harm than good.

Thanks for those who've responded. I'll update if the belching comes back and if I find out the cause behind the EGR build-up.
    Hi , which Hyundai Service center did you go to?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hi chekovsky,

How many kms has your MAtrix covered? Have your fuel filters replaced. that's the same symptom we experienced in a Kia Sorento. Usually happens in a Sorento every 50Tkms. have it replaced and reset the ECU to clear the error code in the ECU. hope this helps.

as per the crdi mileage, i asked it to one of ford's finest and he answered me that fuel injectors on tdci engines are designed to last at least 250,000 miles. so i assume this is what most manufacturers target.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. The milage is around 50k, the instrument panel does not work anymore , because of "Ondoy". But I did have fuel filter replaced. I'm bringing it this morning to Hyundai Global City. I hope it makes it there. The car keeps dying at around 34kph or if the rev goes above 2500rpms.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Update: The service at Hyundai Global City is very good.Thank you Mon!
    They cleared all the error codes with my Matrix's ECU.( very cheap price) They got it up and running again. Although they disconnected CRDi The car still runs fine as a normal diesel engine ( i guess) They say to get it back to original they estimate i have to spend 180k! replace high pressure pump , rail, cluster, a'c switch etc. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to be ok except my fuel consumption is now 9k/liter instead of the old 11k/ liter city. Also the did warn that i should not go above 3000 rpm , or else the engine might shut down again,anyone know where i can buy a cheap tachometer?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chekovsky View Post
    Update: The service at Hyundai Global City is very good.Thank you Mon!
    They cleared all the error codes with my Matrix's ECU.( very cheap price) They got it up and running again. Although they disconnected CRDi The car still runs fine as a normal diesel engine ( i guess) They say to get it back to original they estimate i have to spend 180k! replace high pressure pump , rail, cluster, a'c switch etc. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to be ok except my fuel consumption is now 9k/liter instead of the old 11k/ liter city. Also the did warn that i should not go above 3000 rpm , or else the engine might shut down again,anyone know where i can buy a cheap tachometer?
    So they converted it to regular diesel with low pressure injectors? Interesting.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    They actually just disconnected a plug that was usually attached to the rail assembly just under the engine cover..at least that's what the service manager said they did. As long as it is not plugged the engine won't die. So far i have driven it to more or less 80kph on C5 and it still runs fine. I just need a tachometer so I 'll be sure not to go above 3000rpms .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Matrix Crdi smoke belching at 3k+ rpm