New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mga sir tanong po kasi recently biglang it takes a minute for my car bago mawala yung CEL or check engine light. di ko kasi ma i-start oto habang naka ilaw ito.... dati naman halos 5 sec lang then nawawala na, what could be the prob???

honda esi

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Teka.. it's normal for the check engine indicator to illuminate when you turn the ignition to the ON position, you can start it anytime then. You don't have to wait for it to turn itself off ( if it ever does ), before starting. The MIL should disappear once the engine is running but if it stays on, something is wrong somewhere or if it doesn't illuminate at all on the KOEO position.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbalajadia View Post
    Teka.. it's normal for the check engine indicator to illuminate when you turn the ignition to the ON position, you can start it anytime then. You don't have to wait for it to turn itself off ( if it ever does ), before starting. The MIL should disappear once the engine is running but if it stays on, something is wrong somewhere or if it doesn't illuminate at all on the KOEO position.

No sir, in my car's case you need to wait for the CEL to out light before starting the engine. usually or normally it take only 5secs when ignition is on. then start pero now ang tagal na. so im thinkin na baka porblema sa oto ko..

matagal mawala yung engine check light when you about to start your car?