New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Captiva vcdi going 85000 km suddenly had MIL on. No other issues except for the light on. My wife brought it to casa fro diagnostic test and they said it's the brake switch and fuel pressure regular? daw maybe regulator or sensor. Fuel filter was supposed to be changed at 80k pero di napalitan. regular ang pms every 5k. Due for 85k na siya and will be changing the fuel filter also. After the diagnostic check sa casa, wala naman na daw ang MIL. Do you think it's the fuel pressure regulator or maybe just because the fuel filter is already dirty and really needs to be changed. Have the fuel filter at hand na and will be doing the regular pms. Will see from there kung di na siya iilaw. Fuel pressure regulator sa casa is around 10k daw or more. Any inputs?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    Captiva vcdi going 85000 km suddenly had MIL on. No other issues except for the light on. My wife brought it to casa fro diagnostic test and they said it's the brake switch and fuel pressure regular? daw maybe regulator or sensor. Fuel filter was supposed to be changed at 80k pero di napalitan. regular ang pms every 5k. Due for 85k na siya and will be changing the fuel filter also. After the diagnostic check sa casa, wala naman na daw ang MIL. Do you think it's the fuel pressure regulator or maybe just because the fuel filter is already dirty and really needs to be changed. Have the fuel filter at hand na and will be doing the regular pms. Will see from there kung di na siya iilaw. Fuel pressure regulator sa casa is around 10k daw or more. Any inputs?
    any diagnostic procedure should have some numerical values and data. if the shop did scan the pcm, there should have been some diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). hunches are hunches and are not diagnoses. it it when the hunches are checked and the results confirmed. otherwise, they are guesses. just hope you don't go to a shop that do not diagnose properly and just replace part after part.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I'm out of the country and my wife brought it to the dealership for the diagnostic check. Don't know what were the DTC's but she was told that the fuel pressure regular daw and brake switch came out as the culprit. Don't know if they erased the DTC's why the MIL was no longer on. We have atrusted mechanic who used to be with Chevy and will check on this.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I'm out of the country and my wife brought it to the dealership for the diagnostic check. Don't know what were the DTC's but she was told that the fuel pressure regular daw and brake switch came out as the culprit. Don't know if they erased the DTC's why the MIL was no longer on. We have atrusted mechanic who used to be with Chevy and will check on this.
    My captiva only has 6k when the MIL turned on. i brought it to the casa and there are 3 DTCs pero nilinis lang. Then the next day nag-on na naman. My wife brought it back again and it turns out that the first mechanic who did the diagnostics did not trouble shoot the problem. The second mechanic did the trouble shooting and replaced something. As of now its ok but since im abroad our captiva is barely used. hopefully wala na. A manual of the DTC is available in the internet.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Since the troubleshooting, wala na ilaw ng MIL. Had changed oil and filters. Di na bumalik ang MIL. Will be changing na rin fuel filter to be sure. Was thinking baka di na maganda ang diesel ng Seaoil. Dun kami lagi nagpapakarga and no problems at all until now. Nalaman ko di na raw Euro 5 ang Seaoil but it's now only Euro 2 because majority of diesel cars in the Philippines can't take Euro 4 diesels. Don't know if this is the cause though.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Since the troubleshooting, wala na ilaw ng MIL. Had changed oil and filters. Di na bumalik ang MIL. Will be changing na rin fuel filter to be sure. Was thinking baka di na maganda ang diesel ng Seaoil. Dun kami lagi nagpapakarga and no problems at all until now. Nalaman ko di na raw Euro 5 ang Seaoil but it's now only Euro 2 because majority of diesel cars in the Philippines can't take Euro 4 diesels. Don't know if this is the cause though.
    I ask the service people of Chevrolet kung pwede gumamit ng biodiesel. ang sabi wlang restriction pero i-raise daw nila sa higher ups at gawa daw sila ng formal announcement pero wala pa hanggang ngayon. Yun MIL ko kasi nangyari after ko gumamit ng seaoil biodiesel. D tuloy ako muna gumagamit ng biodiesel.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bobotroldan View Post
    I ask the service people of Chevrolet kung pwede gumamit ng biodiesel. ang sabi wlang restriction pero i-raise daw nila sa higher ups at gawa daw sila ng formal announcement pero wala pa hanggang ngayon. Yun MIL ko kasi nangyari after ko gumamit ng seaoil biodiesel. D tuloy ako muna gumagamit ng biodiesel.
    Mine is a 2008 model. Sabi ng Chevy, the Captiva can take up to 5% Biodiesel. I saw in some forums that biodiesel blend is ok but sometimes when you are always in slow moving traffic, your DPF won't be able to regenerate or burn the soot since bidiesel is colder and won't be able to reach the right temp for the DPF to burn it. This causes the DPF to be clogged which siguro is one cause of the MIL.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Mine is a 2008 model. Sabi ng Chevy, the Captiva can take up to 5% Biodiesel. I saw in some forums that biodiesel blend is ok but sometimes when you are always in slow moving traffic, your DPF won't be able to regenerate or burn the soot since bidiesel is colder and won't be able to reach the right temp for the DPF to burn it. This causes the DPF to be clogged which siguro is one cause of the MIL.
    Nabasa ko din nga yan pero nung lumabas ang DTC hindi naman related sa emission. I will try biodiesel again at ng malaman kung mag-MIL uli.

Malfunction indicator light on (Captiva)