New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    In-adjust ng mechanic yung idle up ko from 1k to 800 (with aircon) so now when aircon is off my idle up drops to 500.

What do you think?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It's not a matter of what WE think. It's a matter of what TOYOTA thinks.

Your engine should have recommended idling RPM; stick to it. The usual range is 700-1000 RPM from what I've seen. Di ka ba namamatayan ng makina sa 500 RPM?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yup, Type 100 is right....usual idling rpm is at 700 to 800. 600rpm is too low and 900 to 1000 is too high for me..

But I guess, it depends on the condition of the car. Older cars are idled a notch higher to compensate for various things.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as it's not shaking, shuddering or sputtering, a low idle is not a big deal. But I think it should be around 600-700 rpm for your car. Better safe than sorry.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi guys, i'm a newbie here..i just wanna ask for a good auto shop here in las piñas or bacoor area where i could go to fix my idle speed..my ride is a toyota 1.6 gli (matic) love life model..because when the engine is warmed up already the idle speed drops to around 7k rpm (i think it's within the allowable range) and the car is shaking especially during traffic..i've been to TAI and shell across perpetual help hospital and still they didn't fixed the problem..
    your recommendations are highly appreciated..tia po mga sirs..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ydreph962 View Post
    hi guys, i'm a newbie here..i just wanna ask for a good auto shop here in las piñas or bacoor area where i could go to fix my idle speed..my ride is a toyota 1.6 gli (matic) love life model..because when the engine is warmed up already the idle speed drops to around 7k rpm (i think it's within the allowable range) and the car is shaking especially during traffic..i've been to TAI and shell across perpetual help hospital and still they didn't fixed the problem..
    sorry, the idle speed drops to 700 rpm, i mean..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the infos...

Anyways, can i easily adjust the idle of the car by myself?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ydreph962 View Post

I am surprised because based on my experience, the guys at Shell across Perpetual Hospital should have easily fixed your problem....

Anyway, Shell Coastal Road, just below the flyover should be a sure shot to fix your idling issue... You can also try Shell beside Las Pinas Doctor's Hospital.....

Good luck bro.

5404:knit:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks cvt for the reply..maybe i'll try to go back to shell (perp) or coastal in time for my change oil and tune up..sana maayos na at matagal na tong prblema ko, wala kasing makaayos..
    pero ano ang pwede ko sabihin na dapat nila iadjust o kalikutin to be sure na magawa nila?
    thanks again bro..

Low RPM, bad or good?