New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yung "low oil pressure light" sa dash board suddenly lighted up while i was driving along SLEX yesterday afternoon.
    I checked the oil level & it's full to the max. Wala naman change in engine performance. Today, naka ilaw pa rin
    yung low oil pressure light & yet oil is still to the max & when i drove the car, pagdating nya ng mga 50kph, may rattling
    sound. Pero pag nag rev up ko while naka park, wala naman rattling. Car is RAV4 2001 model

What could be the problem with the low oil pressure light & whether the rattling is related to it ?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Change your oil and spark plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    oil pump or sensor or clogged oil filter, oil slugging... dami pwede cause... hard to pin point habang di nakikita ng actual...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    yung idiot light/oil pressure light ba e, nawawala kapag nag-rerev ka ng mataas? tapos imuilaw ulit kapag mababa or naka-idle ka? or is stays ON na talaga as in hindi nawawala while you drive? possible causes are
    -defective oil pressure switch/sensor
    -clogged oil filter (due to accumulated dirt)
    -oil viscosity

another thing is? when do you have your last oil change? what is the viscosity of the oil that you use?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    yung idiot light/oil pressure light ba e, nawawala kapag nag-rerev ka ng mataas? tapos imuilaw ulit kapag mababa or naka-idle ka? or is stays ON na talaga as in hindi nawawala while you drive? possible causes are
    -defective oil pressure switch/sensor
    -clogged oil filter (due to accumulated dirt)
    -oil viscosity

another thing is? when do you have your last oil change? what is the viscosity of the oil that you use?

Thanks for the inputs mga bros. Yes it's always ON na even idle or rev up. I use full synthetic & still got 3,000 kms
    to go before it reaches 10,000 kms which were i would normally do the change oil. Will bring it to service center after
    the holidays as sarado pa sila ngayon. I think the rattling sound is not related as the engine is fine naman ang tunog.
    It's probably coming from the auxilliary fan. Will check it later today doing isolation pag hindi na mainiit ang araw.

Would running the car do harm despite the oil pressure light is ON ?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Better check the cause of Low oil pressure. Magkaroon ng metal to metal contact sa crankshaft. Masisira or magasgas ang main bearing at crankshaft . Mahal pa machine shop ng sirang crankshaft or replacement.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is the warning lamp flickering like the stars..? the worst possible cause would be.. your crankshaft tolerances are so large, your oil pump can no longer keep oil pressure up.
    translation: engine overhaul..
    if you presist in using the vehicle, you may be increasing your overhaul expenses..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thanks guys for all the inputs. I have parked the car until over the weekend.
    Pahatak ko na lang going to repair shop come this Monday. Sabi nga ng iba
    & sa manual, don't run the engine until properly diagnosed by service technician.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    yes ,mabuti pa dalhin na sa casa yan. it might be a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Yung "low oil pressure light" sa dash board suddenly lighted up while i was driving along SLEX yesterday afternoon.
    I checked the oil level & it's full to the max. Wala naman change in engine performance. Today, naka ilaw pa rin
    yung low oil pressure light & yet oil is still to the max & when i drove the car, pagdating nya ng mga 50kph, may rattling
    sound. Pero pag nag rev up ko while naka park, wala naman rattling. Car is RAV4 2001 model

What could be the problem with the low oil pressure light & whether the rattling is related to it ?
    Yikes at the rattling sound!!!! It may not be rattling while revving at idle kasi wala masyadong engine load.

Sana hindi mo na ginamit nung umiilaw pa rin despite the oil level being full. Could be a faulty oil pump/oil pump gear. Pag low/no oil pressure, kakainin ang bearings mo, hindi malulubricate ang cylinder walls, hindi malulubricate ang cam and crank shafts, and overhaul ang kalalabasan niyan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Low oil pressure light ON , ano kaya ang problem