New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Good day to everyone. I just upgraded from a 1996 L200 to a 2000 L200 Endeavour. I'm currently loving the ride and it certainly is a very worthy upgrade, especially it's ride, interior and amenities. Pareho lang naman silang 4d56 so pareho lang naman halos ang takbo.

I just noticed though that the normal operating temperature of this ride is at 1/4 the temp gauge. Pero pag traffic, umaabot sa kalahati ang temperature. Is this normal or do I have to have the cooling system checked? I also noticed this morning that a lot of greenish coolant was on our garage floor. I tried draining them out and filling it up again to check if there are any leaks, wala namang tulo. When I checked the reservior tank, may traces of coolant overflow.

Is my radiator clogged already? Do I need to replace the water pump already? (You see, I'm the second owner of this vehicle so I have no idea kung napalitan na ito after 60,000km PMS) I also noticed na Evercool na ang radiator nito. Thermostat? Help, please.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1/4 lang? Masyado ata mababa ang operating temperature? Usually, it's just a hair under the 1/2 mark.

Kung hindi naman nag-ooverheat, ok na din siguro. Check mo lang if ok pa ang thermostat (hindi stuck open or inalis ng tuluyan).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    1/4 lang? Masyado ata mababa ang operating temperature? Usually, it's just a hair under the 1/2 mark.

Kung hindi naman nag-ooverheat, ok na din siguro. Check mo lang if ok pa ang thermostat (hindi stuck open or inalis ng tuluyan).
    Thank you very much, OTEP. Hindi pa naman nag-ooverheat, sa awa ng Diyos. I'll have the thermostat checked ASAP. Will update on the thread every now and then. Salamat ulit!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I remember my 96 L200 also had the same markings. According to diamond motors, normal lang yun for L200s. Ok lang yan as long as hindi nag-ooverheat. I think that one of the upgrades of the endeavor is that mitsu already put a cooling fan to cool the radiator which is a very useful thing. I had one installed in my 96 L200 and it did wonders to its running temp.

Enjoy your ride.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    guys! saan ba yung location ng thermostat ng 4D56, mine kasi 1/2 pag naka A/C and traffic. ok lang ba. pero pag hiway na 1/4.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms
    I remember my 96 L200 also had the same markings. According to diamond motors, normal lang yun for L200s. Ok lang yan as long as hindi nag-ooverheat. I think that one of the upgrades of the endeavor is that mitsu already put a cooling fan to cool the radiator which is a very useful thing. I had one installed in my 96 L200 and it did wonders to its running temp.

Enjoy your ride.
    How much did it cost having an auxilliary fan installed? anong fan ang ginamit? yung pang fx ba? paano yung control nung fan? sabay ba sa pagbukas na aircon? Im planning on having an auxilliary fan installed kasi on my 94 L200 eh

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    around 700.00. Sabay sa aircon but you can also install a separate switch.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms

Enjoy your ride.
    Thanks, Djerms. I actually am enjoying it very much. You are indeed correct with the additional fan.

I had the thermostat checked, and OTEP was correct! It was busted already! The mechanics all recommended that I remove it already. But I decided otherwise because of the very helpful tips I got from this forum. It has it's purpose and my L200 should have one installed.

I also had my radiator descaled at Dallas. So far, so good. I had a chance to test it last night at EDSA last night. Traffic was horrendous Northbound from Pasay to Ayala Ave. in Makati.

Salamat po, tsikot.com!

L200 (Endeavour): Engine Temperature Question