New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last January, I changed the oil of my engine and replaced my oil filter. Last week tumutulo na pala yung oil. Upon checking medyo nag loosen yung canister. So i re-tightened it and wiped the oily residue. Upon checking just now, parang tumutulo parin.

What could be wrong? ( Sorento 2009 ) 105,000kms on the clock

Here’s my Sorento. Very well maintained since 2009 Kia Sorento Oil Leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by suysuy; June 24th, 2018 at 07:09 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    Last January, I changed the oil of my engine and replaced my oil filter. Last week tumutulo na pala yung oil. Upon checking medyo nag loosen yung canister. So i re-tightened it and wiped the oily residue. Upon checking just now, parang tumutulo parin.

What could be wrong?

Your picture as a basis of logical reasoning, you have a bad kimchi oil filter.
    The oil seepage looks like it was coming from the oil filter base gasket and below, possibly bad seal at the base and the filter shell. Try with another filter.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    How tight should the oil filter be?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    How tight should the oil filter be?

With a gasket lightly lubricated with lube oil and with the filter mounting free of the old gasket, hand tighten the oil filter 3/4 to 1 turn after the gasket makes contact with the oil filter mounting flange.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ako pag nag palit ng oil filter binabasa ko muna ung oilring ng filter ng langis para dumulas at iwas pingas ng rubber seal,saka higpit kamay lang ginagawa ko pero binabalutan ko ng sand paper para swabe ang higpit..