Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pwede na siguro yung delo muna for 2-5 days
    tapos balik sa ginagamit mong engine oil

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    My mechanic told me na instead na bumili pa kami ng engine flush, pwede na daw ang kerosene. Is this okay?

TIA.
    if Bry is talking about engine oil flushing, i would rather spend some bucks on recommended engine oil flushes than gamble with kerosene. but then, Bry would only need flushing if the oil change was done on a long interval resulting in oil sludges.

but he may be talking about engine washes (sounds like flush). pero, hindi naman binibili ang engine wash.

if he is talking about engine wash, an engine degreaser is more recommended than using kerosene.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yung mga nagre-rebuild at nag-ooverhaul ng mga makina along Commonwealth Avenue, kerosene din ang ginagamit pantanggal ng sludge and varnish.

Hmmm, but as an engine oil flush? I'll be having second thoughts

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wouldn't 100% kerosene somehow damage the oil seals (making it dry or brittle?) of your engine?

AFAIK, some engine flush products do contain kerosene.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    kerosene is diesel without oil. If only there where no moving parts inside the injection pump and injectors that needs lubrication they would have thought of that as fuel for compression engines. I think kerosene is jet fuel also. Sobrang konti kasi ang parts that needs lubrication.
    Have done the kerosene before when i had an SD23 engine.
    Now what i do is drain overnight at kung masipagsipag i remove the oil pan and check the bits an pieces inside.
    Another way i do it is drain oil. Put low grade oil then run for around 5 -10 min then drain again. Extreme cases lang naman.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Wouldn't 100% kerosene somehow damage the oil seals (making it dry or brittle?) of your engine?

AFAIK, some engine flush products do contain kerosene.
    I agree with M2. it will harm the seals.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    kerosene is diesel without oil. If only there where no moving parts inside the injection pump and injectors that needs lubrication they would have thought of that as fuel for compression engines. I think kerosene is jet fuel also. Sobrang konti kasi ang parts that needs lubrication.
    Have done the kerosene before when i had an SD23 engine.
    Now what i do is drain overnight at kung masipagsipag i remove the oil pan and check the bits an pieces inside.
    Another way i do it is drain oil. Put low grade oil then run for around 5 -10 min then drain again. Extreme cases lang naman.
    Kerosene is a refined crude oil by-product. I think this is the last stage of refinery. That is why, wala syang oil content.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kerosene is added to diesel to prevent it from gelling, but it has been warned that kerosene use in the engine can cause it to degrade the seals and since it's not as much of a lubricant as regular diesel fuel is. Therefore it is not recommended to use in its full concentration. In fact it was only recommended for use with around 5% mix with diesel - but this is for fuel use. If you use it in the crankcase you might risk damaging the seals like the crankshaft seals, which are difficult to replace.

*Bry is this for your taxi fleet? If it is I suggest you avoid doing these things and just undergo routine maintenance such as tune ups, oil changes, fluid changes and their corresponding filter changes or cleaning, to maintain the cars in their optimum shape. Otherwise since it's not the best known method of maintenance just avoid it for peace of mind.

The decision is up to you and you know the risks now. If it works, well then good but if not then that's your call. When in doubt, don't na lang. Just my opinion. Good luck.
    Last edited by mbeige; January 3rd, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    or use Motul's engine flush.. i find it pretty effective. medyo pricey pero you dont really need it naman at every oil change.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i used kerosene to flush residual oils in my china motorcycle, it does produce positive results. I also used kerosene to clean my motorcycle chain and see it does really clean.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kerosene as engine oil flush?