New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Take it from Jut. He can make wonders with his stock Civic FC 1.8L.

If you see a roaring blue Civic 1.8L doing twice the speed limit at SCTEX, it will most likely be Jut. Hehehehe
    Hey I made it 2 weeks without going past 200. Increase performance! Honda Civic FC

Watching The Grand Tour while on cruise control really helps. Finished season 1 already. Almost done with season 2, I need some new distraction so I still keep below 120 kph during my expressway driving. Increase performance! Honda Civic FC

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hey I made it 2 weeks without going past 200. Increase performance! Honda Civic FC

Watching The Grand Tour while on cruise control really helps. Finished season 1 already. Almost done with season 2, I need some new distraction so I still keep below 120 kph during my expressway driving. Increase performance! Honda Civic FC

Nakaka ilang episode ka per day? haha

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Nakaka ilang episode ka per day? haha
    1 lang. Sakto yan kasi 1 hour from SCTEX Dau to end of TPLEX pag 110 yung cruise control. Increase performance! Honda Civic FC

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    1 lang. Sakto yan kasi 1 hour from SCTEX Dau to end of TPLEX pag 110 yung cruise control. Increase performance! Honda Civic FC

I miss nice long drives. Nagagawa ko dati yun with the MT FD pero ngayon panay city traffic driving na, to the point na ayaw ko pa palitan yung gulong kahit umuugong na haha.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    bring your car to the track and ask around

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    These do not come cheap so you have to consider how deep your pockets are. A set of grippy and sporty tires in 17" to 19" are around 30k (or more) nowadays plus lightweight rims of similar value, you are looking at around 50-60k. Brake, suspension, and engine mods would cost more than that.

If you want a quick and fast car for the price for the price of a Civic 1.8L, take a look at the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost. Since it already has a turbo engine (rated stock at 180PS/240Nm), a simple ECU mod will even push the power output higher.
    Yup... Wala naman mura when it comes to "upgrading" a car...

Pero as I said, start with practice (to be a better driver) then upgrade the tires!

Once upgraded na yung car... Lalakas naman sa gas I've been there in college... Nauwi sa benta car ko since naubos allowance ko sa gas

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Yup... Wala naman mura when it comes to "upgrading" a car...
    As what you have said in an earlier post, it is much better to just buy a more powerful and quicker car in the first place than having to buy a less capable car and spend too much in modding it but with no guarantee in output gains.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    i read somewhere:
    "you cant make a racehorse out of a pig. but if you work hard enough, you can make a mighty fast pig!"

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    i read somewhere:
    "you cant make a racehorse out of a pig. but if you work hard enough, you can make a mighty fast pig!"
    "but the race horse in stock form, will still run faster, longer, and more reliably." grinner.
    and do so on low-octane grass, even.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "but the race horse in stock form, will still run faster, longer, and more reliably." grinner.
    and do so on low-octane grass, even.
    hahaha pwede!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast