Are you experiencing problems regarding your imported and converted PETROL GDI pajero mk3 or gen 3 model?
let me help you...
I own a gen III 3.5V6 G.D.I petrol( gasoline direct injection) pajero exceed top of the line model with sunroof and leather seats, converted unit from japan..
after three months of usage, problems surfaced.. since there was no threads for this specific model i scour the internet and other references on how to solve and identify problems with the gen 3 pajero.
allow me to help you if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms with regards to your pajero

1. upon acceleration and reaching revs of around 3000rpm engine suddenly surges, seems to hesitate, lack of power and a feeling of engine being cut off
2. check engine light may appear from time to time upon experiencing hesitation and surge
3. that during hesitation pressing the accelerator pedal further worsens the conditions
4. fuel consumption of your GDI pajero seems to be high
5. lack of power and slow speed pickup during acceleration
6. using OBDII code reader DTC codes pertaining to TPS and throttle system appears

most of those symptoms originate from two major problems inherent in the design of the GDI model pajero which is ABSOLUTELY very BASIC and LOGICAL in nature when repairing and maintaning your engine
I have repaired my own GDI pajero and i would like to help those who may have experienced the problem, but has no knowledge of where to start and what to check. it will be a very costly road to take if you will go through trial and error , your mechanic will be hitting and missing the problem which will definitely be stressful to you as the owner of this powerful GDI pajero.

the procedure and solutions to the pajero GDI problems is very lengthy to type and discuss in this thread, so i suggest that interested owners who wants to MAINTAIN and PROLONG their vehicle contact me through my landline i will be happy to answer your questions.
i have experienced the problem and dilemma of repairing the GDI pajero, i know what you as an owner feels

landline 742-71-20
cellphone 0922-887-20-79
look for miko