New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Need some opinions here.

I've been noticing a vibrating noise coming from the front wheels whenever I'm running in a straight line, a long curve, and especially if the road is inclined sideways. I can hear this vibration, and it can be felt through the steering wheel.

I had it checked at cruven, and they noticed that they could waggle the front left tire, without the left tire moving. They suggested that the tie rods were busted, and the pitman and idler arms needed to be repaired.

They said they would inject it with plastic. The pitman and idler arms aren't OEM anymore, btw. I wonder if the repair would work as well for these broken replacements.

I also had it seen by a trusted and reliable mechanic. He noticed that there was some play between the connections of the tie rod and the pitman and idler arms. He said that the pitman and idler arms needed to be replaced.

Lastly, I went by Ford (EDSA and Commonwealth). The SA said that I had to pay 800+ before they let the mechanic jack up the front a little and take a peek at the underside.

I've read many good things about cruven, but I'm still considering that the tie rods may still be intact.

Also, what might happen if I don't have the front repaired?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest replacing those parts. I believe you have a Ranger which is a heavy rig IMO. If oem parts are too expensive, 555 or gmb brands would do.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks for the advice.

another query, would bottomed-out shocks be cause for slight negative camber?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    have the parts they say need replacing replaced na imo.

the shock won't really contribute to the camber problem. more likely it's a suspension component that i damaged that needs replacing.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    salamat sir speedyfix.

I'll have them replaced sometime this week.

Idler and Pitman arms