New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hello mga sir! I would like to seek for your expert advise regarding on my problem I've experience on my Nissan GSX and I'm just in car. As I start the engine, the idle rpm abnormally drops down near zero then after approximately 3 secs it goes up to its normal idle rpm of 650 and I already encountered this twice. Ano kaya problema nito? Actually, I'm planning to bring it to the CASA since under warranty pa naman ito. Gusto ko lang po sana pagpunta ko doon alam ko na po ang sasabihin ko. TIA!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    [quote=Yenfico;1190272]Hello mga sir! I would like to seek for your expert advise regarding on my problem I've experience on my Nissan GSX and I'm just in car. As I start the engine, the idle rpm abnormally drops down near zero then after approximately 3 secs it goes up to its normal idle rpm of 650 and I already encountered this twice. Ano kaya problema nito? Actually, I'm planning to bring it to the CASA since under warranty pa naman ito. Gusto ko lang po sana pagpunta ko doon alam ko na po ang sasabihin ko. TIA! [/quote

If still in warranty it is your best interest to bring the car to dealer to fix that problem.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Under warranty pa po pala, so eto po sabihin mo:

As I start the engine, the idle rpm abnormally drops down near zero then after approximately 3 secs it goes up to its normal idle rpm of 650 and I already encountered this twice

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    could be the servo or a dirty throttle. shouldn't be that hard to fix on a relatively new car.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pa check mo yug air cleaner mo ... or baka may hose lang natangal sa may throttle

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Is the engine cold or warm?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it has to be checked by the tech , pero you can ask the dealership to get it scanned for any codes or to perform some basic tests.

i.e.smoke test for any vacuum leaks or a throttle body cleaning maybe.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hi Yen,

just saw this thread. i had the same problem with my Sentra as yours after i had my headlights changed to XP sa Petron. I don't know if meron sila nagalaw or something, but the idle RPM dropped from 850 to 400 with A/C, 300 if walang load.

brought it to NGO- Libis, kinabitan lang ng Consult II, then dun in-adjust yung idle RPM back to 850. ayos na ulet.. la pang 10mins.

SA Remo ang nag-assist sa ken. Hope yours get fixed as well.

Cheers!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    hi Yen,

just saw this thread. i had the same problem with my Sentra as yours after i had my headlights changed to XP sa Petron. I don't know if meron sila nagalaw or something, but the idle RPM dropped from 850 to 400 with A/C, 300 if walang load.

brought it to NGO- Libis, kinabitan lang ng Consult II, then dun in-adjust yung idle RPM back to 850. ayos na ulet.. la pang 10mins.

SA Remo ang nag-assist sa ken. Hope yours get fixed as well.

Cheers!
    Hi Sir Carlo,

Dinala ko rin yung auto sa NWA ginamitan din ng consult II tapos nag-idle air volume learn. Ok na siya ngayon.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenfico View Post
    Hi Sir Carlo,

Dinala ko rin yung auto sa NWA ginamitan din ng consult II tapos nag-idle air volume learn. Ok na siya ngayon.
    Great! Glad to hear that things went well ren for you!
    Any idea what made it drop kaya? clueless kasi kami nung SA pati ung Tech what could've caused it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Idle RPM abnormal drop