New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for the reply, you are right, the car has no carb, and I found a big bundle of wires that is enclosed in a plastic and the label, guess what, diagnostics, you are right on the target Sir, thank you so much for your expertise. By the way do you think they can test the car at hiome I don't want to start my engine I fear if I drive it more in this condition the problem might get worse.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear belle:

Home service is asking a lot from them - it's very difficult to bring a computer-controlled test system with all it's accessories across Metro Manila just to service you.

The trip alone will take a long time (what with the traffic and all) and they will have to take the technicians and any spare parts that you may need along with them.

It's sort of like asking a hospital to bring the emergency room, operating room and pharmacy to your house when you're sick - it's not very likely to happen and IF they ever do it, it will cost you an arm and a leg.

If worst comes to worst tow the car to them. You can coordinate with your friends or call them up for a tow - of course that will cost you.

You can also ask them to send over an experienced mechanic to look at your car and see if he can make it limp all the way to the shop - he should accompany you just in case.

That being said most of the problems I've seen on gasoline fuel-injected systems are:

1) the computer control box (expensive but straight-forward replacement)

2) failures of injectors themselves (not that expensive, medyo lang yung ARAY)

3) 1 or more sensor failure (cost all depends on the sensor)

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    having problems with my idling, nasa 500 rpm lang cold start then 800 pag nag aircon, i tried na galawin ung screw pero parang walang effect, then napansin ko din na kapag nag disconnect ung isang parang maliit na connection sa may right side going sa may carbs hindi ko alam tawag dun,pero parang may air na nirerelease going sa may air filter tumataas ung menor nya sa 900-1k. ano kaya problem dito. kakapatune up ko lang last month change spark plug and change air filter

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    corolla 2e po pala ung sasakyan ko big body.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung 2E makina mo magandang pa adjust mo muna ang tamang air fuel mixture bago mo pa set iyong tamang idle nito.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir any reccommended mechanic near caloocan area para mapacheck up ko, out of town yung mechanic na gumagawa nitong sasakyan eh. tia

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jojomonsalud View Post
    corolla 2e po pala ung sasakyan ko big body.
    I think i had the same problem before. the only solution was to have the carb overhauled with a repair kit from Kamuning. cla na din magkakabit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Idle adjust screw